Oct 11, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
Considering a mostly amicable split with the San Jose Sharks and the Atlanta Thrashers’ relocation, there’s really only one awkward spot for Dany Heatley: Ottawa. The former Senators forward will play against his former team for the second time since demanding a trade in 2009, although this will be Heatley’s first match against them as a member of the Minnesota Wild.
To little surprise, Heatley was booed heartily during his return on Dec. 2, 2010. As TSN points out, he recorded an assist as the Sharks won 2-0 that night.
Tonight certainly won’t be pleasant for Heatley, but there won’t be many like this since he wisely focused on landing with Western Conference teams. Sadly for jilted Senators fans, but judging from Ottawa’s roster, it’s likely that Heatley might win another game as the designated villain.
It might be a stretch to call it his idea of a great evening, though.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)