Oct 11, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
Considering a mostly amicable split with the San Jose Sharks and the Atlanta Thrashers’ relocation, there’s really only one awkward spot for Dany Heatley: Ottawa. The former Senators forward will play against his former team for the second time since demanding a trade in 2009, although this will be Heatley’s first match against them as a member of the Minnesota Wild.
To little surprise, Heatley was booed heartily during his return on Dec. 2, 2010. As TSN points out, he recorded an assist as the Sharks won 2-0 that night.
Tonight certainly won’t be pleasant for Heatley, but there won’t be many like this since he wisely focused on landing with Western Conference teams. Sadly for jilted Senators fans, but judging from Ottawa’s roster, it’s likely that Heatley might win another game as the designated villain.
It might be a stretch to call it his idea of a great evening, though.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming