Oct 11, 2011, 12:55 PM EST
Considering a mostly amicable split with the San Jose Sharks and the Atlanta Thrashers’ relocation, there’s really only one awkward spot for Dany Heatley: Ottawa. The former Senators forward will play against his former team for the second time since demanding a trade in 2009, although this will be Heatley’s first match against them as a member of the Minnesota Wild.
To little surprise, Heatley was booed heartily during his return on Dec. 2, 2010. As TSN points out, he recorded an assist as the Sharks won 2-0 that night.
Tonight certainly won’t be pleasant for Heatley, but there won’t be many like this since he wisely focused on landing with Western Conference teams. Sadly for jilted Senators fans, but judging from Ottawa’s roster, it’s likely that Heatley might win another game as the designated villain.
It might be a stretch to call it his idea of a great evening, though.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)