Oct 11, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
Considering a mostly amicable split with the San Jose Sharks and the Atlanta Thrashers’ relocation, there’s really only one awkward spot for Dany Heatley: Ottawa. The former Senators forward will play against his former team for the second time since demanding a trade in 2009, although this will be Heatley’s first match against them as a member of the Minnesota Wild.
To little surprise, Heatley was booed heartily during his return on Dec. 2, 2010. As TSN points out, he recorded an assist as the Sharks won 2-0 that night.
Tonight certainly won’t be pleasant for Heatley, but there won’t be many like this since he wisely focused on landing with Western Conference teams. Sadly for jilted Senators fans, but judging from Ottawa’s roster, it’s likely that Heatley might win another game as the designated villain.
It might be a stretch to call it his idea of a great evening, though.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 53
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 44
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)