Oct 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
All right so Winnipeg’s first real NHL game since April 1996 didn’t exactly go according to plan, but the fans who were happy to welcome their new team to town did get one thing to celebrate.
Sure a 5-1 loss is a bit much to handle, but with the team down 2-0 in the third period, Montreal’s Carey Price had his shutout bid ended and the Jets were in business thanks to Nik Antropov crashing the net and putting home a rebound to get the Jets back in the game for the time being.
Check out how Winnipeg’s fans went bonkers for Antropov and their team as they put a goal up on the board.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)