Oct 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
All right so Winnipeg’s first real NHL game since April 1996 didn’t exactly go according to plan, but the fans who were happy to welcome their new team to town did get one thing to celebrate.
Sure a 5-1 loss is a bit much to handle, but with the team down 2-0 in the third period, Montreal’s Carey Price had his shutout bid ended and the Jets were in business thanks to Nik Antropov crashing the net and putting home a rebound to get the Jets back in the game for the time being.
Check out how Winnipeg’s fans went bonkers for Antropov and their team as they put a goal up on the board.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)