Oct 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
All right so Winnipeg’s first real NHL game since April 1996 didn’t exactly go according to plan, but the fans who were happy to welcome their new team to town did get one thing to celebrate.
Sure a 5-1 loss is a bit much to handle, but with the team down 2-0 in the third period, Montreal’s Carey Price had his shutout bid ended and the Jets were in business thanks to Nik Antropov crashing the net and putting home a rebound to get the Jets back in the game for the time being.
Check out how Winnipeg’s fans went bonkers for Antropov and their team as they put a goal up on the board.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 24
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 46
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (48)