Oct 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
All right so Winnipeg’s first real NHL game since April 1996 didn’t exactly go according to plan, but the fans who were happy to welcome their new team to town did get one thing to celebrate.
Sure a 5-1 loss is a bit much to handle, but with the team down 2-0 in the third period, Montreal’s Carey Price had his shutout bid ended and the Jets were in business thanks to Nik Antropov crashing the net and putting home a rebound to get the Jets back in the game for the time being.
Check out how Winnipeg’s fans went bonkers for Antropov and their team as they put a goal up on the board.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)