Oct 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
All right so Winnipeg’s first real NHL game since April 1996 didn’t exactly go according to plan, but the fans who were happy to welcome their new team to town did get one thing to celebrate.
Sure a 5-1 loss is a bit much to handle, but with the team down 2-0 in the third period, Montreal’s Carey Price had his shutout bid ended and the Jets were in business thanks to Nik Antropov crashing the net and putting home a rebound to get the Jets back in the game for the time being.
Check out how Winnipeg’s fans went bonkers for Antropov and their team as they put a goal up on the board.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38