Oct 10, 2011, 12:01 AM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins got his NHL career under way tonight at home against the Penguins and thanks to a little help from his friends, got on the board with his first NHL goal.
Nugent-Hopkins got a nice setup from Taylor Hall as he dished off a sweet backhand pass to Ales Hemsky for a touch pass to Nugent-Hopkins for the finish to beat Penguins goalie Brent Johnson. The goal proved to be the game-tying goal as the Oilers went on to win 2-1 in a shootout.
Are you ready for the future of Oilers hockey? Look no further than seeing the last two top picks in the draft hooking up for this goal.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)