Oct 10, 2011, 12:01 AM EST
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins got his NHL career under way tonight at home against the Penguins and thanks to a little help from his friends, got on the board with his first NHL goal.
Nugent-Hopkins got a nice setup from Taylor Hall as he dished off a sweet backhand pass to Ales Hemsky for a touch pass to Nugent-Hopkins for the finish to beat Penguins goalie Brent Johnson. The goal proved to be the game-tying goal as the Oilers went on to win 2-1 in a shootout.
Are you ready for the future of Oilers hockey? Look no further than seeing the last two top picks in the draft hooking up for this goal.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 7
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15