Oct 10, 2011, 12:01 AM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins got his NHL career under way tonight at home against the Penguins and thanks to a little help from his friends, got on the board with his first NHL goal.
Nugent-Hopkins got a nice setup from Taylor Hall as he dished off a sweet backhand pass to Ales Hemsky for a touch pass to Nugent-Hopkins for the finish to beat Penguins goalie Brent Johnson. The goal proved to be the game-tying goal as the Oilers went on to win 2-1 in a shootout.
Are you ready for the future of Oilers hockey? Look no further than seeing the last two top picks in the draft hooking up for this goal.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 35
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)