Oct 10, 2011, 12:01 AM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins got his NHL career under way tonight at home against the Penguins and thanks to a little help from his friends, got on the board with his first NHL goal.
Nugent-Hopkins got a nice setup from Taylor Hall as he dished off a sweet backhand pass to Ales Hemsky for a touch pass to Nugent-Hopkins for the finish to beat Penguins goalie Brent Johnson. The goal proved to be the game-tying goal as the Oilers went on to win 2-1 in a shootout.
Are you ready for the future of Oilers hockey? Look no further than seeing the last two top picks in the draft hooking up for this goal.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22