Oct 10, 2011, 12:01 AM EST
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins got his NHL career under way tonight at home against the Penguins and thanks to a little help from his friends, got on the board with his first NHL goal.
Nugent-Hopkins got a nice setup from Taylor Hall as he dished off a sweet backhand pass to Ales Hemsky for a touch pass to Nugent-Hopkins for the finish to beat Penguins goalie Brent Johnson. The goal proved to be the game-tying goal as the Oilers went on to win 2-1 in a shootout.
Are you ready for the future of Oilers hockey? Look no further than seeing the last two top picks in the draft hooking up for this goal.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54