Oct 10, 2011, 9:01 PM EDT
Columbus Day falls in that awkward category of holidays (and no, this isn’t going to devolve into a discussion about the explorer’s historical influence). Some people get that day off – especially when you consider the fact that it’s also Canada’s Thanksgiving – but it’s not a blanket holiday for everyone.
For that reason, there’s probably a sizable audience of hockey fans who were left re-loading scores pages to see how their favorite teams fared today. While it’s not quite the same as actually seeing all 60 minutes of a given game, hopefully these highlights will give you an idea of what happened in those unusually timed contests.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 37
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 59
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1