Oct 10, 2011, 10:49 AM EST
Calvert had one tooth knocked out and two others partially broken thanks to the stick in the face and also received stitches in his upper lip. Bouchard might not have intended to do damage to Calvert, but Calvert’s dentist is thankful for the extra work nonetheless. Since Calvert’s a hockey player, he returned to the game Saturday night after getting hit in the mouth.
We here at PHT would’ve been collectively milking the injury to get gift baskets from family and a party from friends after recovering. Give us a break, life is hard in our parents’ basement. The Blue Jackets face the Canucks tonight in Columbus and Calvert appears ready to play.
Life fact confirmed: Hockey players are tougher than you.
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 5
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 43
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 100
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (122)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (100)