Oct 10, 2011, 10:49 AM EDT
Calvert had one tooth knocked out and two others partially broken thanks to the stick in the face and also received stitches in his upper lip. Bouchard might not have intended to do damage to Calvert, but Calvert’s dentist is thankful for the extra work nonetheless. Since Calvert’s a hockey player, he returned to the game Saturday night after getting hit in the mouth.
We here at PHT would’ve been collectively milking the injury to get gift baskets from family and a party from friends after recovering. Give us a break, life is hard in our parents’ basement. The Blue Jackets face the Canucks tonight in Columbus and Calvert appears ready to play.
Life fact confirmed: Hockey players are tougher than you.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)