Oct 10, 2011, 10:49 AM EDT
Calvert had one tooth knocked out and two others partially broken thanks to the stick in the face and also received stitches in his upper lip. Bouchard might not have intended to do damage to Calvert, but Calvert’s dentist is thankful for the extra work nonetheless. Since Calvert’s a hockey player, he returned to the game Saturday night after getting hit in the mouth.
We here at PHT would’ve been collectively milking the injury to get gift baskets from family and a party from friends after recovering. Give us a break, life is hard in our parents’ basement. The Blue Jackets face the Canucks tonight in Columbus and Calvert appears ready to play.
Life fact confirmed: Hockey players are tougher than you.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)