Oct 10, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
Things didn’t start out well at all, especially for Kovalchuk, who was on the ice for all three of the Philadelphia Flyers’ goals in a 3-0 loss Saturday. Things looked a lot better for both star wingers today, though, as they powered the Devils to a 4-2 win over the troubled Carolina Hurricanes.
Kovalchuk scored the game-winner and added two assists while Parise scored two goals of his own, while both forwards registered four shots on goal. Those are the kinds of numbers that the top-heavy Devils hope to see – especially at home.
That being said, they took it to a flawed Hurricanes team that has essentially the same depth issues that the Devils will struggle with. People with short memories might count New Jersey out, but this team finds ways to get to the postseason in most cases. Fair or not, it all comes down to Parise and Kovalchuk in 2011-12, though.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 3
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 2
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 55
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53