Oct 10, 2011, 4:51 PM EDT
Devils rookie Adam Larsson is finding out the hard way that life in the NHL is a little different than playing in the Swedish Elite League. Case in point, during the second period of the Devils’ 4-2 win over Carolina, Larsson was doubled over in pain after a run-in with Carolina captain Eric Staal.
The hit wasn’t a bodycheck or a shoulder to the head or even an elbow in the teeth. Instead, Larsson was hit in a very uncomfortable place by Staal and, no, we’re not talking about the back of a Volkswagen. NHL.com’s Dave Lozo tweeted Larsson’s report on why he looked injured in the second period:
“”I got a stick in the balls…it hurt.”
Yup, that’ll do it all right. Hang on, there’s got to be a bag of sympathy ice around here someplace.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 0
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31