Oct 10, 2011, 4:51 PM EDT
Devils rookie Adam Larsson is finding out the hard way that life in the NHL is a little different than playing in the Swedish Elite League. Case in point, during the second period of the Devils’ 4-2 win over Carolina, Larsson was doubled over in pain after a run-in with Carolina captain Eric Staal.
The hit wasn’t a bodycheck or a shoulder to the head or even an elbow in the teeth. Instead, Larsson was hit in a very uncomfortable place by Staal and, no, we’re not talking about the back of a Volkswagen. NHL.com’s Dave Lozo tweeted Larsson’s report on why he looked injured in the second period:
“”I got a stick in the balls…it hurt.”
Yup, that’ll do it all right. Hang on, there’s got to be a bag of sympathy ice around here someplace.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18