Oct 9, 2011, 8:38 PM EST
Walsh explained in a fiery diatribe to Star Tribue writer Michael Russo that the league’s way of handling the case is nothing more than a “kangaroo court” and calls the resulting suspension, “a shameful farce for the league.”
Bouchard was suspended for his high stick to Columbus’ Matt Calvert that caught Calvert in the mouth and sent him off bleeding from the mouth and missing a couple teeth. While Bouchard was combating Calvert on a face off, it appeared that Calvert’s stick lift managed to do all the damage. Intentional shot to the face? It sure didn’t seem that way.
Brendan Shanahan gave his explanation for the Shanaban via video as per usual.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 2
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16