Oct 9, 2011, 8:38 PM EST
Walsh explained in a fiery diatribe to Star Tribue writer Michael Russo that the league’s way of handling the case is nothing more than a “kangaroo court” and calls the resulting suspension, “a shameful farce for the league.”
Bouchard was suspended for his high stick to Columbus’ Matt Calvert that caught Calvert in the mouth and sent him off bleeding from the mouth and missing a couple teeth. While Bouchard was combating Calvert on a face off, it appeared that Calvert’s stick lift managed to do all the damage. Intentional shot to the face? It sure didn’t seem that way.
Brendan Shanahan gave his explanation for the Shanaban via video as per usual.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54