Oct 9, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Walsh explained in a fiery diatribe to Star Tribue writer Michael Russo that the league’s way of handling the case is nothing more than a “kangaroo court” and calls the resulting suspension, “a shameful farce for the league.”
Bouchard was suspended for his high stick to Columbus’ Matt Calvert that caught Calvert in the mouth and sent him off bleeding from the mouth and missing a couple teeth. While Bouchard was combating Calvert on a face off, it appeared that Calvert’s stick lift managed to do all the damage. Intentional shot to the face? It sure didn’t seem that way.
Brendan Shanahan gave his explanation for the Shanaban via video as per usual.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6