Oct 9, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Walsh explained in a fiery diatribe to Star Tribue writer Michael Russo that the league’s way of handling the case is nothing more than a “kangaroo court” and calls the resulting suspension, “a shameful farce for the league.”
Bouchard was suspended for his high stick to Columbus’ Matt Calvert that caught Calvert in the mouth and sent him off bleeding from the mouth and missing a couple teeth. While Bouchard was combating Calvert on a face off, it appeared that Calvert’s stick lift managed to do all the damage. Intentional shot to the face? It sure didn’t seem that way.
Brendan Shanahan gave his explanation for the Shanaban via video as per usual.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39