Oct 9, 2011, 11:48 AM EDT
NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan will have a word with Minnesota Wild forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard today. Bouchard drew the ire of the Columbus Blue Jackets for a “baseball swing” on winger Matt Calvert. Bouchard received a four minute double-minor for high-sticking on a play that left Calvert bleeding.
“It’s definitely an attempt to injure,” Arniel said. “Our whole bench saw it. Their whole bench saw it.
“We want to talk about getting hit from behind and shots to the head, but we allow a guy to stay in the game after taking a baseball swing at a guy’s face? That’s a joke.”
The Wild and Blue Jackets have already been involved in the biggest suspension of the new Shanahan era, as James Wisniewski is still facing a heavy punishment for a dirty hit on Cal Clutterbuck.
If you managed to see the high-stick (video availability is sparse at best), feel free to let us know if it seemed like Bouchard intently struck Calvert.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)