Oct 9, 2011, 11:48 AM EST
NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan will have a word with Minnesota Wild forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard today. Bouchard drew the ire of the Columbus Blue Jackets for a “baseball swing” on winger Matt Calvert. Bouchard received a four minute double-minor for high-sticking on a play that left Calvert bleeding.
“It’s definitely an attempt to injure,” Arniel said. “Our whole bench saw it. Their whole bench saw it.
“We want to talk about getting hit from behind and shots to the head, but we allow a guy to stay in the game after taking a baseball swing at a guy’s face? That’s a joke.”
The Wild and Blue Jackets have already been involved in the biggest suspension of the new Shanahan era, as James Wisniewski is still facing a heavy punishment for a dirty hit on Cal Clutterbuck.
If you managed to see the high-stick (video availability is sparse at best), feel free to let us know if it seemed like Bouchard intently struck Calvert.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11