Oct 9, 2011, 11:48 AM EDT
NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan will have a word with Minnesota Wild forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard today. Bouchard drew the ire of the Columbus Blue Jackets for a “baseball swing” on winger Matt Calvert. Bouchard received a four minute double-minor for high-sticking on a play that left Calvert bleeding.
“It’s definitely an attempt to injure,” Arniel said. “Our whole bench saw it. Their whole bench saw it.
“We want to talk about getting hit from behind and shots to the head, but we allow a guy to stay in the game after taking a baseball swing at a guy’s face? That’s a joke.”
The Wild and Blue Jackets have already been involved in the biggest suspension of the new Shanahan era, as James Wisniewski is still facing a heavy punishment for a dirty hit on Cal Clutterbuck.
If you managed to see the high-stick (video availability is sparse at best), feel free to let us know if it seemed like Bouchard intently struck Calvert.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 21
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)