Oct 8, 2011, 1:02 PM EST
Wojtek Wolski‘s struggles with groin problems will have him sitting out today’s game against Anaheim with lingering issues. Wolski was able to play in the Rangers’ 3-2 overtime loss to the Kings, but only saw over 10 minutes of action as his groin acted up on him again. Saying “groin” this much should be illegal.
In Wolski’s absence, Erik Christensen will get the start against Anaheim and play on the third line. Wolski was one of a handful of candidates to play on the top line with Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik, but the lingering groin issues and Wolski’s semi-permanent place in coach John Tortorella’s dog house kept him out of the mix there.
If Wolski’s groin problems keep him out of the mix for an extended period, the race between him and Christensen will be decided without much of a battle at all. Either way though, the Rangers keep a guy who is effective and entertaining in the shootout in the starting lineup. If you’re into that sort of thing anyhow.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46