Oct 8, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski‘s struggles with groin problems will have him sitting out today’s game against Anaheim with lingering issues. Wolski was able to play in the Rangers’ 3-2 overtime loss to the Kings, but only saw over 10 minutes of action as his groin acted up on him again. Saying “groin” this much should be illegal.
In Wolski’s absence, Erik Christensen will get the start against Anaheim and play on the third line. Wolski was one of a handful of candidates to play on the top line with Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik, but the lingering groin issues and Wolski’s semi-permanent place in coach John Tortorella’s dog house kept him out of the mix there.
If Wolski’s groin problems keep him out of the mix for an extended period, the race between him and Christensen will be decided without much of a battle at all. Either way though, the Rangers keep a guy who is effective and entertaining in the shootout in the starting lineup. If you’re into that sort of thing anyhow.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)