Oct 8, 2011, 1:02 PM EST
Wojtek Wolski‘s struggles with groin problems will have him sitting out today’s game against Anaheim with lingering issues. Wolski was able to play in the Rangers’ 3-2 overtime loss to the Kings, but only saw over 10 minutes of action as his groin acted up on him again. Saying “groin” this much should be illegal.
In Wolski’s absence, Erik Christensen will get the start against Anaheim and play on the third line. Wolski was one of a handful of candidates to play on the top line with Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik, but the lingering groin issues and Wolski’s semi-permanent place in coach John Tortorella’s dog house kept him out of the mix there.
If Wolski’s groin problems keep him out of the mix for an extended period, the race between him and Christensen will be decided without much of a battle at all. Either way though, the Rangers keep a guy who is effective and entertaining in the shootout in the starting lineup. If you’re into that sort of thing anyhow.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)