Oct 8, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski‘s struggles with groin problems will have him sitting out today’s game against Anaheim with lingering issues. Wolski was able to play in the Rangers’ 3-2 overtime loss to the Kings, but only saw over 10 minutes of action as his groin acted up on him again. Saying “groin” this much should be illegal.
In Wolski’s absence, Erik Christensen will get the start against Anaheim and play on the third line. Wolski was one of a handful of candidates to play on the top line with Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik, but the lingering groin issues and Wolski’s semi-permanent place in coach John Tortorella’s dog house kept him out of the mix there.
If Wolski’s groin problems keep him out of the mix for an extended period, the race between him and Christensen will be decided without much of a battle at all. Either way though, the Rangers keep a guy who is effective and entertaining in the shootout in the starting lineup. If you’re into that sort of thing anyhow.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 1
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25