Oct 8, 2011, 1:02 PM EST
Wojtek Wolski‘s struggles with groin problems will have him sitting out today’s game against Anaheim with lingering issues. Wolski was able to play in the Rangers’ 3-2 overtime loss to the Kings, but only saw over 10 minutes of action as his groin acted up on him again. Saying “groin” this much should be illegal.
In Wolski’s absence, Erik Christensen will get the start against Anaheim and play on the third line. Wolski was one of a handful of candidates to play on the top line with Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik, but the lingering groin issues and Wolski’s semi-permanent place in coach John Tortorella’s dog house kept him out of the mix there.
If Wolski’s groin problems keep him out of the mix for an extended period, the race between him and Christensen will be decided without much of a battle at all. Either way though, the Rangers keep a guy who is effective and entertaining in the shootout in the starting lineup. If you’re into that sort of thing anyhow.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 20
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 42
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9