Oct 8, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
If you ever needed to find a guy that looked the part of an NHL enforcer, look no further than Anaheim’s George Parros. He’s got a legendary mustache, an evil-looking soul patch, and a Princeton education to go along with all of that. He’s also a guy that exists to throw down with other tough guys in the league.
In Stockholm, Parros showed the fans in Sweden why he’s got a job with the Ducks after challenging Rangers forward Mike Rupp. Rupp knows his way around the bare-knuckled spectacle himself, but he bit off a bit more than he could chew against Anaheim’s version of Snidely Whiplash.
It’s probably best for Rupp that the Ducks and Rangers don’t meet very often because getting it handed to you like this shouldn’t become a regular thing.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)