Oct 8, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
If you ever needed to find a guy that looked the part of an NHL enforcer, look no further than Anaheim’s George Parros. He’s got a legendary mustache, an evil-looking soul patch, and a Princeton education to go along with all of that. He’s also a guy that exists to throw down with other tough guys in the league.
In Stockholm, Parros showed the fans in Sweden why he’s got a job with the Ducks after challenging Rangers forward Mike Rupp. Rupp knows his way around the bare-knuckled spectacle himself, but he bit off a bit more than he could chew against Anaheim’s version of Snidely Whiplash.
It’s probably best for Rupp that the Ducks and Rangers don’t meet very often because getting it handed to you like this shouldn’t become a regular thing.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 24
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 13
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54