Oct 8, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
If you ever needed to find a guy that looked the part of an NHL enforcer, look no further than Anaheim’s George Parros. He’s got a legendary mustache, an evil-looking soul patch, and a Princeton education to go along with all of that. He’s also a guy that exists to throw down with other tough guys in the league.
In Stockholm, Parros showed the fans in Sweden why he’s got a job with the Ducks after challenging Rangers forward Mike Rupp. Rupp knows his way around the bare-knuckled spectacle himself, but he bit off a bit more than he could chew against Anaheim’s version of Snidely Whiplash.
It’s probably best for Rupp that the Ducks and Rangers don’t meet very often because getting it handed to you like this shouldn’t become a regular thing.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 25
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 2
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)