Oct 8, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
If you ever needed to find a guy that looked the part of an NHL enforcer, look no further than Anaheim’s George Parros. He’s got a legendary mustache, an evil-looking soul patch, and a Princeton education to go along with all of that. He’s also a guy that exists to throw down with other tough guys in the league.
In Stockholm, Parros showed the fans in Sweden why he’s got a job with the Ducks after challenging Rangers forward Mike Rupp. Rupp knows his way around the bare-knuckled spectacle himself, but he bit off a bit more than he could chew against Anaheim’s version of Snidely Whiplash.
It’s probably best for Rupp that the Ducks and Rangers don’t meet very often because getting it handed to you like this shouldn’t become a regular thing.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)