Oct 8, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
If you ever needed to find a guy that looked the part of an NHL enforcer, look no further than Anaheim’s George Parros. He’s got a legendary mustache, an evil-looking soul patch, and a Princeton education to go along with all of that. He’s also a guy that exists to throw down with other tough guys in the league.
In Stockholm, Parros showed the fans in Sweden why he’s got a job with the Ducks after challenging Rangers forward Mike Rupp. Rupp knows his way around the bare-knuckled spectacle himself, but he bit off a bit more than he could chew against Anaheim’s version of Snidely Whiplash.
It’s probably best for Rupp that the Ducks and Rangers don’t meet very often because getting it handed to you like this shouldn’t become a regular thing.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 15
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)