Oct 8, 2011, 11:27 AM EDT
When we figured that Jamie Benn was going to have a breakout season, we counted on him having some big time offense for the Dallas Stars. What we weren’t counting on was for him to be like an animal trying to break out of a cage with his body checks.
During the Stars’ 2-1 over Chicago, Benn impressed all of us by finding ways to deke around the defense and fake out Corey Crawford to score what would eventually be the game-winning goal. Of course, Benn managed to stun everyone at American Airlines Arena by taking Hawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson hard into the corner with a check so good he broke the glass.
I guess EA Sports wasn’t kidding when they said, “If it’s in the game, it’s in the game.” Have a look for yourself at Benn’s sweet goal and even sweeter piece of destruction.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)