Oct 8, 2011, 11:27 AM EDT
When we figured that Jamie Benn was going to have a breakout season, we counted on him having some big time offense for the Dallas Stars. What we weren’t counting on was for him to be like an animal trying to break out of a cage with his body checks.
During the Stars’ 2-1 over Chicago, Benn impressed all of us by finding ways to deke around the defense and fake out Corey Crawford to score what would eventually be the game-winning goal. Of course, Benn managed to stun everyone at American Airlines Arena by taking Hawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson hard into the corner with a check so good he broke the glass.
I guess EA Sports wasn’t kidding when they said, “If it’s in the game, it’s in the game.” Have a look for yourself at Benn’s sweet goal and even sweeter piece of destruction.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)