Oct 8, 2011, 11:27 AM EDT
When we figured that Jamie Benn was going to have a breakout season, we counted on him having some big time offense for the Dallas Stars. What we weren’t counting on was for him to be like an animal trying to break out of a cage with his body checks.
During the Stars’ 2-1 over Chicago, Benn impressed all of us by finding ways to deke around the defense and fake out Corey Crawford to score what would eventually be the game-winning goal. Of course, Benn managed to stun everyone at American Airlines Arena by taking Hawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson hard into the corner with a check so good he broke the glass.
I guess EA Sports wasn’t kidding when they said, “If it’s in the game, it’s in the game.” Have a look for yourself at Benn’s sweet goal and even sweeter piece of destruction.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 129
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 23
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 23
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (128)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)