Oct 8, 2011, 11:27 AM EST
When we figured that Jamie Benn was going to have a breakout season, we counted on him having some big time offense for the Dallas Stars. What we weren’t counting on was for him to be like an animal trying to break out of a cage with his body checks.
During the Stars’ 2-1 over Chicago, Benn impressed all of us by finding ways to deke around the defense and fake out Corey Crawford to score what would eventually be the game-winning goal. Of course, Benn managed to stun everyone at American Airlines Arena by taking Hawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson hard into the corner with a check so good he broke the glass.
I guess EA Sports wasn’t kidding when they said, “If it’s in the game, it’s in the game.” Have a look for yourself at Benn’s sweet goal and even sweeter piece of destruction.
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 0
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)