Oct 8, 2011, 11:27 AM EST
When we figured that Jamie Benn was going to have a breakout season, we counted on him having some big time offense for the Dallas Stars. What we weren’t counting on was for him to be like an animal trying to break out of a cage with his body checks.
During the Stars’ 2-1 over Chicago, Benn impressed all of us by finding ways to deke around the defense and fake out Corey Crawford to score what would eventually be the game-winning goal. Of course, Benn managed to stun everyone at American Airlines Arena by taking Hawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson hard into the corner with a check so good he broke the glass.
I guess EA Sports wasn’t kidding when they said, “If it’s in the game, it’s in the game.” Have a look for yourself at Benn’s sweet goal and even sweeter piece of destruction.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8