Oct 8, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
The Sabres are hoping that they can start every season in Europe now.
Buffalo took out Los Angeles 4-2 in Berlin, Germany to sweep their two NHL Premiere games and get their very much hyped up season off to a roaring start. This time around it would be rookie Luke Adam roaring into action for Buffalo scoring two goals while Paul Gaustad and Drew Stafford each added a goal.
The Kings would be led by their top offensive player Anze Kopitar who netted both Kings goals in what turned out to be a lackluster effort for the Cup-hopeful Kings. Jonathan Bernier got the nod in goal today instead of Jonathan Quick and fared no better than Jonas Hiller did yesterday for Anaheim against the Sabres attack. It’s a great start for Buffalo who saw their team injected with excitement over the summer.
The Sabres enter the season with the highest of high hopes after owner Terry Pegula’s crazy spending ways made the Sabres fans feel like they’re one of the big boys in the league. If they keep putting up four goals a game, they’ll be more than just contenders this season.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5