Oct 8, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
The Sabres are hoping that they can start every season in Europe now.
Buffalo took out Los Angeles 4-2 in Berlin, Germany to sweep their two NHL Premiere games and get their very much hyped up season off to a roaring start. This time around it would be rookie Luke Adam roaring into action for Buffalo scoring two goals while Paul Gaustad and Drew Stafford each added a goal.
The Kings would be led by their top offensive player Anze Kopitar who netted both Kings goals in what turned out to be a lackluster effort for the Cup-hopeful Kings. Jonathan Bernier got the nod in goal today instead of Jonathan Quick and fared no better than Jonas Hiller did yesterday for Anaheim against the Sabres attack. It’s a great start for Buffalo who saw their team injected with excitement over the summer.
The Sabres enter the season with the highest of high hopes after owner Terry Pegula’s crazy spending ways made the Sabres fans feel like they’re one of the big boys in the league. If they keep putting up four goals a game, they’ll be more than just contenders this season.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)