Oct 8, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
The Sabres are hoping that they can start every season in Europe now.
Buffalo took out Los Angeles 4-2 in Berlin, Germany to sweep their two NHL Premiere games and get their very much hyped up season off to a roaring start. This time around it would be rookie Luke Adam roaring into action for Buffalo scoring two goals while Paul Gaustad and Drew Stafford each added a goal.
The Kings would be led by their top offensive player Anze Kopitar who netted both Kings goals in what turned out to be a lackluster effort for the Cup-hopeful Kings. Jonathan Bernier got the nod in goal today instead of Jonathan Quick and fared no better than Jonas Hiller did yesterday for Anaheim against the Sabres attack. It’s a great start for Buffalo who saw their team injected with excitement over the summer.
The Sabres enter the season with the highest of high hopes after owner Terry Pegula’s crazy spending ways made the Sabres fans feel like they’re one of the big boys in the league. If they keep putting up four goals a game, they’ll be more than just contenders this season.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18