Oct 8, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
The Sabres are hoping that they can start every season in Europe now.
Buffalo took out Los Angeles 4-2 in Berlin, Germany to sweep their two NHL Premiere games and get their very much hyped up season off to a roaring start. This time around it would be rookie Luke Adam roaring into action for Buffalo scoring two goals while Paul Gaustad and Drew Stafford each added a goal.
The Kings would be led by their top offensive player Anze Kopitar who netted both Kings goals in what turned out to be a lackluster effort for the Cup-hopeful Kings. Jonathan Bernier got the nod in goal today instead of Jonathan Quick and fared no better than Jonas Hiller did yesterday for Anaheim against the Sabres attack. It’s a great start for Buffalo who saw their team injected with excitement over the summer.
The Sabres enter the season with the highest of high hopes after owner Terry Pegula’s crazy spending ways made the Sabres fans feel like they’re one of the big boys in the league. If they keep putting up four goals a game, they’ll be more than just contenders this season.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)