Oct 8, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
The Sabres are hoping that they can start every season in Europe now.
Buffalo took out Los Angeles 4-2 in Berlin, Germany to sweep their two NHL Premiere games and get their very much hyped up season off to a roaring start. This time around it would be rookie Luke Adam roaring into action for Buffalo scoring two goals while Paul Gaustad and Drew Stafford each added a goal.
The Kings would be led by their top offensive player Anze Kopitar who netted both Kings goals in what turned out to be a lackluster effort for the Cup-hopeful Kings. Jonathan Bernier got the nod in goal today instead of Jonathan Quick and fared no better than Jonas Hiller did yesterday for Anaheim against the Sabres attack. It’s a great start for Buffalo who saw their team injected with excitement over the summer.
The Sabres enter the season with the highest of high hopes after owner Terry Pegula’s crazy spending ways made the Sabres fans feel like they’re one of the big boys in the league. If they keep putting up four goals a game, they’ll be more than just contenders this season.
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 3
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 6
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 8
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)