Oct 8, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Chris Campoli’s job to be the insurance for injured Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov is off to a bad start. Campoli will be out for months with a leg injury (Renaud Lavoie or RDS says it’s a hamstring) suffered in the Habs’ final preseason game. Campoli’s training camp after signing late with Montreal was a rough one as he also fell victim to a wicked hit from Tampa Bay’s Ryan Malone.
Campoli having to go out for the next couple months and with Markov’s recovery from knee surgery going slowly means bad news for the Canadiens. The Habs’ depth has already seen them take a hit after losing Jeff Woywitka through waivers to the Rangers.
Now it’ll be up to Yannick Weber to play strong on the back line and to stay healthy to keep Montreal from having to dig too deep into their farm system for help. Habs fans will once again go over the question about who they’d rather have dating back to the trade they made two summers ago with New York: Scott Gomez or Ryan McDonagh?
We can already hear the boos for that query coming from north of the border.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 71
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7