Oct 8, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Chris Campoli’s job to be the insurance for injured Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov is off to a bad start. Campoli will be out for months with a leg injury (Renaud Lavoie or RDS says it’s a hamstring) suffered in the Habs’ final preseason game. Campoli’s training camp after signing late with Montreal was a rough one as he also fell victim to a wicked hit from Tampa Bay’s Ryan Malone.
Campoli having to go out for the next couple months and with Markov’s recovery from knee surgery going slowly means bad news for the Canadiens. The Habs’ depth has already seen them take a hit after losing Jeff Woywitka through waivers to the Rangers.
Now it’ll be up to Yannick Weber to play strong on the back line and to stay healthy to keep Montreal from having to dig too deep into their farm system for help. Habs fans will once again go over the question about who they’d rather have dating back to the trade they made two summers ago with New York: Scott Gomez or Ryan McDonagh?
We can already hear the boos for that query coming from north of the border.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)