Oct 8, 2011, 2:17 PM EST
Chris Campoli’s job to be the insurance for injured Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov is off to a bad start. Campoli will be out for months with a leg injury (Renaud Lavoie or RDS says it’s a hamstring) suffered in the Habs’ final preseason game. Campoli’s training camp after signing late with Montreal was a rough one as he also fell victim to a wicked hit from Tampa Bay’s Ryan Malone.
Campoli having to go out for the next couple months and with Markov’s recovery from knee surgery going slowly means bad news for the Canadiens. The Habs’ depth has already seen them take a hit after losing Jeff Woywitka through waivers to the Rangers.
Now it’ll be up to Yannick Weber to play strong on the back line and to stay healthy to keep Montreal from having to dig too deep into their farm system for help. Habs fans will once again go over the question about who they’d rather have dating back to the trade they made two summers ago with New York: Scott Gomez or Ryan McDonagh?
We can already hear the boos for that query coming from north of the border.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 10
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 28
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 45
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)