Oct 8, 2011, 5:06 PM EST
The Rangers finish their tour of Europe coming away with two points in two games but two disappointing finishes after losing 2-1 in a shootout to Anaheim. On the upside for New York, Brad Richards scored his first goal as a Ranger late in the third to tie the game up 1-1 as Jonas Hiller stood tall for the Ducks.
Richards’ goal wasn’t enough though as Bobby Ryan scored the only goal in the shootout to lift the Ducks to victory giving Anaheim a split of their games in Europe. The Ducks’ defense was able to bounce back after a tough showing against Buffalo yesterday that saw the Sabres whack them 4-1. Seeing the defense and Hiller in particular bounce back after a tough day was good for Anaheim to see. The Rangers won’t play again until next Saturday night against the rival Islanders. The Ducks will play next Friday at home against San Jose.
Lundqvist played brilliant in the loss for New York stopping 27 shots, but Bobby Ryan’s shootout winner was something he’d like to forget about.
Here’s some more analysis of the Ducks’ win against the Rangers:
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 5
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 16
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 14
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)