Oct 8, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
The Rangers finish their tour of Europe coming away with two points in two games but two disappointing finishes after losing 2-1 in a shootout to Anaheim. On the upside for New York, Brad Richards scored his first goal as a Ranger late in the third to tie the game up 1-1 as Jonas Hiller stood tall for the Ducks.
Richards’ goal wasn’t enough though as Bobby Ryan scored the only goal in the shootout to lift the Ducks to victory giving Anaheim a split of their games in Europe. The Ducks’ defense was able to bounce back after a tough showing against Buffalo yesterday that saw the Sabres whack them 4-1. Seeing the defense and Hiller in particular bounce back after a tough day was good for Anaheim to see. The Rangers won’t play again until next Saturday night against the rival Islanders. The Ducks will play next Friday at home against San Jose.
Lundqvist played brilliant in the loss for New York stopping 27 shots, but Bobby Ryan’s shootout winner was something he’d like to forget about.
Here’s some more analysis of the Ducks’ win against the Rangers:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (98)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)