Oct 8, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
The Rangers finish their tour of Europe coming away with two points in two games but two disappointing finishes after losing 2-1 in a shootout to Anaheim. On the upside for New York, Brad Richards scored his first goal as a Ranger late in the third to tie the game up 1-1 as Jonas Hiller stood tall for the Ducks.
Richards’ goal wasn’t enough though as Bobby Ryan scored the only goal in the shootout to lift the Ducks to victory giving Anaheim a split of their games in Europe. The Ducks’ defense was able to bounce back after a tough showing against Buffalo yesterday that saw the Sabres whack them 4-1. Seeing the defense and Hiller in particular bounce back after a tough day was good for Anaheim to see. The Rangers won’t play again until next Saturday night against the rival Islanders. The Ducks will play next Friday at home against San Jose.
Lundqvist played brilliant in the loss for New York stopping 27 shots, but Bobby Ryan’s shootout winner was something he’d like to forget about.
Here’s some more analysis of the Ducks’ win against the Rangers:
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 2
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 7
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 108
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7