Oct 8, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
The Rangers finish their tour of Europe coming away with two points in two games but two disappointing finishes after losing 2-1 in a shootout to Anaheim. On the upside for New York, Brad Richards scored his first goal as a Ranger late in the third to tie the game up 1-1 as Jonas Hiller stood tall for the Ducks.
Richards’ goal wasn’t enough though as Bobby Ryan scored the only goal in the shootout to lift the Ducks to victory giving Anaheim a split of their games in Europe. The Ducks’ defense was able to bounce back after a tough showing against Buffalo yesterday that saw the Sabres whack them 4-1. Seeing the defense and Hiller in particular bounce back after a tough day was good for Anaheim to see. The Rangers won’t play again until next Saturday night against the rival Islanders. The Ducks will play next Friday at home against San Jose.
Lundqvist played brilliant in the loss for New York stopping 27 shots, but Bobby Ryan’s shootout winner was something he’d like to forget about.
Here’s some more analysis of the Ducks’ win against the Rangers:
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)