Oct 6, 2011, 11:54 PM EST
Hits to the head were a hot topic in hockey well before Sidney Crosby suffered from checks on consecutive nights (one from David Steckel, the next via Victor Hedman). You only need to turn to Crosby’s teammate Matt Cooke, who landed that controversial hit on Marc Savard, permanently altering the course of the talented passer’s career.
No doubt about it, the story went from a building concern to a locomotive once Crosby sat out half of the 2010-11 season after starting off hotter than ever, though. It’s hard not to think about what could have been tonight, as the Penguins take on the 2011 Stanley Cup finalist Vancouver Canucks. (Currently in progress.)
While his return date is still in the air, it seems like Crosby is making progress. The NHL is already attempting to improve the way it legislates questionable hits, including enforcing head shots in a more straightforward way. Still, it’s interesting to hear Crosby’s take on the situation.
Check out this video for Crosby’s thoughts on how the league can improve its procedures regarding questionable hits, as well as insight regarding his rehabilitation.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 9
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)