Oct 6, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
People don’t know what to make of Jaromir Jagr, who took a three-year exodus from the NHL. Considering his sabbatical and advanced age (39 years old), many wonder if the future Hall of Famer can rekindle some of his old magic with the Philadelphia Flyers.
He looked great alongside the Flyers’ top forward Claude Giroux in the preseason, but putting a lot of weight in exhibition games is a fool’s errand. His true tests begin tonight and so far, the results have been promising.
In fact, it didn’t even take him a full period to earn a point, as he assisted on Giroux’s gorgeous power play goal. That helper pushes Jagr’s career regular season points total to 1,600. Jagr created a few other chances (and even back-checked!), but the assist is obviously the history-maker. Jagr ranks as the ninth player in NHL history to reach the 1,600-point mark.
This could be the first of a season full of milestones for the veteran winger, although he still has a long way to go.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)