Oct 6, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
People don’t know what to make of Jaromir Jagr, who took a three-year exodus from the NHL. Considering his sabbatical and advanced age (39 years old), many wonder if the future Hall of Famer can rekindle some of his old magic with the Philadelphia Flyers.
He looked great alongside the Flyers’ top forward Claude Giroux in the preseason, but putting a lot of weight in exhibition games is a fool’s errand. His true tests begin tonight and so far, the results have been promising.
In fact, it didn’t even take him a full period to earn a point, as he assisted on Giroux’s gorgeous power play goal. That helper pushes Jagr’s career regular season points total to 1,600. Jagr created a few other chances (and even back-checked!), but the assist is obviously the history-maker. Jagr ranks as the ninth player in NHL history to reach the 1,600-point mark.
This could be the first of a season full of milestones for the veteran winger, although he still has a long way to go.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)