Oct 6, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
People don’t know what to make of Jaromir Jagr, who took a three-year exodus from the NHL. Considering his sabbatical and advanced age (39 years old), many wonder if the future Hall of Famer can rekindle some of his old magic with the Philadelphia Flyers.
He looked great alongside the Flyers’ top forward Claude Giroux in the preseason, but putting a lot of weight in exhibition games is a fool’s errand. His true tests begin tonight and so far, the results have been promising.
In fact, it didn’t even take him a full period to earn a point, as he assisted on Giroux’s gorgeous power play goal. That helper pushes Jagr’s career regular season points total to 1,600. Jagr created a few other chances (and even back-checked!), but the assist is obviously the history-maker. Jagr ranks as the ninth player in NHL history to reach the 1,600-point mark.
This could be the first of a season full of milestones for the veteran winger, although he still has a long way to go.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)