Oct 6, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
People don’t know what to make of Jaromir Jagr, who took a three-year exodus from the NHL. Considering his sabbatical and advanced age (39 years old), many wonder if the future Hall of Famer can rekindle some of his old magic with the Philadelphia Flyers.
He looked great alongside the Flyers’ top forward Claude Giroux in the preseason, but putting a lot of weight in exhibition games is a fool’s errand. His true tests begin tonight and so far, the results have been promising.
In fact, it didn’t even take him a full period to earn a point, as he assisted on Giroux’s gorgeous power play goal. That helper pushes Jagr’s career regular season points total to 1,600. Jagr created a few other chances (and even back-checked!), but the assist is obviously the history-maker. Jagr ranks as the ninth player in NHL history to reach the 1,600-point mark.
This could be the first of a season full of milestones for the veteran winger, although he still has a long way to go.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)