Oct 6, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
People don’t know what to make of Jaromir Jagr, who took a three-year exodus from the NHL. Considering his sabbatical and advanced age (39 years old), many wonder if the future Hall of Famer can rekindle some of his old magic with the Philadelphia Flyers.
He looked great alongside the Flyers’ top forward Claude Giroux in the preseason, but putting a lot of weight in exhibition games is a fool’s errand. His true tests begin tonight and so far, the results have been promising.
In fact, it didn’t even take him a full period to earn a point, as he assisted on Giroux’s gorgeous power play goal. That helper pushes Jagr’s career regular season points total to 1,600. Jagr created a few other chances (and even back-checked!), but the assist is obviously the history-maker. Jagr ranks as the ninth player in NHL history to reach the 1,600-point mark.
This could be the first of a season full of milestones for the veteran winger, although he still has a long way to go.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)