Oct 6, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
Aaron Boogaard can breathe a little easier now in the wake of his brother Derek Boogaard’s death. Aaron had criminal charges filed against him linking him to the drug overdose death of his brother, a twist that helped make an already horribly sad story even worse.
A slight bit of vindication for him now as the felony third-degree charge of drug possession was tossed out of court. Boogaard still has a gross misdemeanor charge for interfering with a crime scene against him, however. The tragic death of Derek Boogaard struck his family hard and seeing such tough charges being brought against Aaron made the story more tragic.
Now with this much behind him and a contract with the Minnesota Wild’s farm team, Aaron will look to get life back to normal and hope to honor his brother’s legacy in the AHL. Perhaps the family can soon close the book on this ugly part of Derek’s sad story.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)