Oct 6, 2011, 2:08 PM EST
Aaron Boogaard can breathe a little easier now in the wake of his brother Derek Boogaard’s death. Aaron had criminal charges filed against him linking him to the drug overdose death of his brother, a twist that helped make an already horribly sad story even worse.
A slight bit of vindication for him now as the felony third-degree charge of drug possession was tossed out of court. Boogaard still has a gross misdemeanor charge for interfering with a crime scene against him, however. The tragic death of Derek Boogaard struck his family hard and seeing such tough charges being brought against Aaron made the story more tragic.
Now with this much behind him and a contract with the Minnesota Wild’s farm team, Aaron will look to get life back to normal and hope to honor his brother’s legacy in the AHL. Perhaps the family can soon close the book on this ugly part of Derek’s sad story.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)