Oct 5, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
NHL player safety guru and disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan has more than done his part to show off how he’s going to be erring on the side of caution and punishing bad hits with stiff suspensions.
While the suspensions have been rough in some cases and some fans are worrying that the physicality of the game is going to be taken away, Shanahan shows off today how that’s both not the case and how players are learning quickly how to not play like fools. Shanahan released a video today showing off how players are making sure to not blast a player from behind when they’re prone as well as some of the great, legal hits through the preseason.
Even more amazing is the fact that a pair of tough guys in Islanders forward Trevor Gillies and Philadelphia forward Zac Rinaldo show you the right way to deliver a hit. Don’t get too huffy about that Isles and Flyers fans, Kris Letang is a veritable superstar in this one showing the right way to play hockey both ways.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)