Oct 4, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
The season is upon us and every team is going into it with high hopes of winning the Stanley Cup. Some teams have what appear to be more legitimate chances at doing that than others do but that’s not going to put a damper on the eternal optimism that every fan has when the season begins anew on Thursday night.
With 30 teams all in the same boat when the season starts, the question always falls back upon one simple thought: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? Will the Bruins roll to repeat this year and be the first team since the ’97 and ’98 Detroit Red Wings to pull off the feat? Do the Capitals put it all together, finally, to lift Lord Stanley’s prize? Do we see the Los Angeles Kings bully their way through the West or do the Canucks get back to the finals to make another run at it?
So many possibilities and all we’re asking from you is one simple choice. 30 teams, one winner and we want to know who you’ve got. Let your voice be heard in our poll by picking who you think wins the Stanley Cup this season.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
So. Many. Injuries.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
“Felt like we could have had five,” said Joe Pavelski.
Dec 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Won’t face Dallas on Saturday.
Dec 6, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
They blew away the Avs by six goals last night.
Dec 6, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
Tough times for the Swiss forward.
Dec 6, 2013, 10:49 AM EST
Could be the plan.
Dec 6, 2013, 9:57 AM EST
Captain John Tavares says they’re not earning wins, but the veteran goalie has a different theory.
Dec 6, 2013, 8:59 AM EST
He led New York to a 3-1 victory over Buffalo.
Dec 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Friday’s collection of links.
Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 AM EST
No timetable for return.
Dec 6, 2013, 2:15 AM EST
Patrick Roy should know how this feels.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:35 AM EST
Bottom of the Metropolitan Division.
Dec 6, 2013, 1:02 AM EST
Triumph in the face of adversity.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
Bad night for Colorado.
Dec 6, 2013, 12:14 AM EST
Still trying to find consistency.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:48 PM EST
Right to the point.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:25 PM EST
Pacioretty says he feels ‘awful’ for Boychuk incident.
Dec 5, 2013, 11:01 PM EST
Expectation is that he’ll be OK.
Dec 5, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
They can thank their goalie for two points.
Dec 5, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
Tough night for defensemen across NHL.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 12
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)