Oct 4, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
The season is upon us and every team is going into it with high hopes of winning the Stanley Cup. Some teams have what appear to be more legitimate chances at doing that than others do but that’s not going to put a damper on the eternal optimism that every fan has when the season begins anew on Thursday night.
With 30 teams all in the same boat when the season starts, the question always falls back upon one simple thought: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? Will the Bruins roll to repeat this year and be the first team since the ’97 and ’98 Detroit Red Wings to pull off the feat? Do the Capitals put it all together, finally, to lift Lord Stanley’s prize? Do we see the Los Angeles Kings bully their way through the West or do the Canucks get back to the finals to make another run at it?
So many possibilities and all we’re asking from you is one simple choice. 30 teams, one winner and we want to know who you’ve got. Let your voice be heard in our poll by picking who you think wins the Stanley Cup this season.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)