Oct 4, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
The season is upon us and every team is going into it with high hopes of winning the Stanley Cup. Some teams have what appear to be more legitimate chances at doing that than others do but that’s not going to put a damper on the eternal optimism that every fan has when the season begins anew on Thursday night.
With 30 teams all in the same boat when the season starts, the question always falls back upon one simple thought: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? Will the Bruins roll to repeat this year and be the first team since the ’97 and ’98 Detroit Red Wings to pull off the feat? Do the Capitals put it all together, finally, to lift Lord Stanley’s prize? Do we see the Los Angeles Kings bully their way through the West or do the Canucks get back to the finals to make another run at it?
So many possibilities and all we’re asking from you is one simple choice. 30 teams, one winner and we want to know who you’ve got. Let your voice be heard in our poll by picking who you think wins the Stanley Cup this season.
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8