Oct 4, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
The season is upon us and every team is going into it with high hopes of winning the Stanley Cup. Some teams have what appear to be more legitimate chances at doing that than others do but that’s not going to put a damper on the eternal optimism that every fan has when the season begins anew on Thursday night.
With 30 teams all in the same boat when the season starts, the question always falls back upon one simple thought: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? Will the Bruins roll to repeat this year and be the first team since the ’97 and ’98 Detroit Red Wings to pull off the feat? Do the Capitals put it all together, finally, to lift Lord Stanley’s prize? Do we see the Los Angeles Kings bully their way through the West or do the Canucks get back to the finals to make another run at it?
So many possibilities and all we’re asking from you is one simple choice. 30 teams, one winner and we want to know who you’ve got. Let your voice be heard in our poll by picking who you think wins the Stanley Cup this season.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)