Sep 29, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Chris Pronger has been busy recovering from back surgery in his hopes to be ready for the season opener. If you know anything about how Pronger is when it comes to hockey, you know he’s made it his mission to get ready for the start of the year.
If you were a betting person, we hope that you put your money down on him being on the ice when the Flyers open the season against the Bruins because he’s going to be on the ice tonight for the Flyers’ preseason game against the Devils.
With the sort of maniacal will to play hockey and destroy opponents, you can bet that when Pronger was named captain of the Flyers he took the challenge of getting healthy enough to play in time to start the season personally. Then again, Pronger may have just missed the warm fuzzies he gets when meeting with the press after games. There’s a reason why CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio calls him “Mr. Warmth” after all.
Pronger’s return is exactly what the Flyers needed to have to get the season started off on the right foot. Provided he’s fully capable (Pronger had a wrist issue last season to go with the back problem) he can start leading the way right away in Philly.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)