Sep 29, 2011, 11:38 AM EST
Chris Pronger has been busy recovering from back surgery in his hopes to be ready for the season opener. If you know anything about how Pronger is when it comes to hockey, you know he’s made it his mission to get ready for the start of the year.
If you were a betting person, we hope that you put your money down on him being on the ice when the Flyers open the season against the Bruins because he’s going to be on the ice tonight for the Flyers’ preseason game against the Devils.
With the sort of maniacal will to play hockey and destroy opponents, you can bet that when Pronger was named captain of the Flyers he took the challenge of getting healthy enough to play in time to start the season personally. Then again, Pronger may have just missed the warm fuzzies he gets when meeting with the press after games. There’s a reason why CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio calls him “Mr. Warmth” after all.
Pronger’s return is exactly what the Flyers needed to have to get the season started off on the right foot. Provided he’s fully capable (Pronger had a wrist issue last season to go with the back problem) he can start leading the way right away in Philly.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35