Sep 29, 2011, 11:38 AM EST
Chris Pronger has been busy recovering from back surgery in his hopes to be ready for the season opener. If you know anything about how Pronger is when it comes to hockey, you know he’s made it his mission to get ready for the start of the year.
If you were a betting person, we hope that you put your money down on him being on the ice when the Flyers open the season against the Bruins because he’s going to be on the ice tonight for the Flyers’ preseason game against the Devils.
With the sort of maniacal will to play hockey and destroy opponents, you can bet that when Pronger was named captain of the Flyers he took the challenge of getting healthy enough to play in time to start the season personally. Then again, Pronger may have just missed the warm fuzzies he gets when meeting with the press after games. There’s a reason why CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio calls him “Mr. Warmth” after all.
Pronger’s return is exactly what the Flyers needed to have to get the season started off on the right foot. Provided he’s fully capable (Pronger had a wrist issue last season to go with the back problem) he can start leading the way right away in Philly.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 32
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)