Sep 29, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Chris Pronger has been busy recovering from back surgery in his hopes to be ready for the season opener. If you know anything about how Pronger is when it comes to hockey, you know he’s made it his mission to get ready for the start of the year.
If you were a betting person, we hope that you put your money down on him being on the ice when the Flyers open the season against the Bruins because he’s going to be on the ice tonight for the Flyers’ preseason game against the Devils.
With the sort of maniacal will to play hockey and destroy opponents, you can bet that when Pronger was named captain of the Flyers he took the challenge of getting healthy enough to play in time to start the season personally. Then again, Pronger may have just missed the warm fuzzies he gets when meeting with the press after games. There’s a reason why CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio calls him “Mr. Warmth” after all.
Pronger’s return is exactly what the Flyers needed to have to get the season started off on the right foot. Provided he’s fully capable (Pronger had a wrist issue last season to go with the back problem) he can start leading the way right away in Philly.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)