Sep 29, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Chris Pronger has been busy recovering from back surgery in his hopes to be ready for the season opener. If you know anything about how Pronger is when it comes to hockey, you know he’s made it his mission to get ready for the start of the year.
If you were a betting person, we hope that you put your money down on him being on the ice when the Flyers open the season against the Bruins because he’s going to be on the ice tonight for the Flyers’ preseason game against the Devils.
With the sort of maniacal will to play hockey and destroy opponents, you can bet that when Pronger was named captain of the Flyers he took the challenge of getting healthy enough to play in time to start the season personally. Then again, Pronger may have just missed the warm fuzzies he gets when meeting with the press after games. There’s a reason why CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio calls him “Mr. Warmth” after all.
Pronger’s return is exactly what the Flyers needed to have to get the season started off on the right foot. Provided he’s fully capable (Pronger had a wrist issue last season to go with the back problem) he can start leading the way right away in Philly.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)