Sep 28, 2011, 1:26 PM EST
One day after news circulated that police found a suspect in the awful case of a fan throwing a banana peel at black Philadelphia Flyers winger Wayne Simmonds, various reports indicate that they’ve pressed charges. Simmonds shook off that distraction while he completed a successful shootout attempt during a neutral-site preseason game against the Detroit Red Wings on Sept. 22.
London, Ontario native Chris Moorhouse has been charged with “engaging in a prohibited activity on a premise under the provincial Trespass to Property Act” for his alleged involvement in that ugly situation. CTV reports that a conviction carries a maximum fine of $2,000.
Moorhouse, who is 26 years old, reportedly expressed remorse for what London police Const. Dennis Rivest believes wasn’t “anything more than a lapse in judgment.” The National Post reports that details about his first court date haven’t been revealed yet.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4