Sep 28, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
One day after news circulated that police found a suspect in the awful case of a fan throwing a banana peel at black Philadelphia Flyers winger Wayne Simmonds, various reports indicate that they’ve pressed charges. Simmonds shook off that distraction while he completed a successful shootout attempt during a neutral-site preseason game against the Detroit Red Wings on Sept. 22.
London, Ontario native Chris Moorhouse has been charged with “engaging in a prohibited activity on a premise under the provincial Trespass to Property Act” for his alleged involvement in that ugly situation. CTV reports that a conviction carries a maximum fine of $2,000.
Moorhouse, who is 26 years old, reportedly expressed remorse for what London police Const. Dennis Rivest believes wasn’t “anything more than a lapse in judgment.” The National Post reports that details about his first court date haven’t been revealed yet.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 45
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5