Sep 28, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues center Jason Arnott underwent minor eye surgery to remove a cataract from his right eye today. The team reports that he’s expected to miss about seven days, which should give him plenty of time to be ready for their regular season opener against the Nashville Predators on Saturday, Oct. 8.
Early indications are that the 36 year old forward will draw third line duty with fellow veteran free agent addition Jamie Langenbrunner and Alex Steen. Naturally, that role could change if he plays especially well or injuries wreak havoc on the Blues again. If so, he certainly has the experience to play a larger role – although it’s unclear how much gas he has left in the tank.
Arnott scored 31 points in 73 games last season. He generated 24 points in 62 games with the New Jersey Devils before adding seven during 11 games with the Washington Capitals. Arnott drew rave reviews for holding Caps teammates accountable, but parted ways with the team after that disappointing second round sweep. We’ll see if Arnott can make an equally positive impact on another young roster in St. Louis.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)