Sep 23, 2011, 10:54 AM EST
One could probably claim that Mike Modano’s is part of the reason there is a U.S. version of the NHL Network, so it only makes sense that both NHL.com and NHL Network are going the extra mile to cover his retirement announcement.
Both the league’s official Web site and channel are scheduled to carry his 2 pm ET press conference today. Along with streaming live on NHL.com, the Dallas Stars’ Web site will also stream Modano’s presser. NHL Network also debut a tribute program called “American Icon” at 6 pm ET on Saturday.
PHT will keep an eye on the press conference today and we’ll also provide some thoughts on “American Icon” if it’s interesting enough on Saturday. It’s great to see the league give Modano’s retirement the treatment and attention it deserves.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 71
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)