Sep 23, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
One could probably claim that Mike Modano’s is part of the reason there is a U.S. version of the NHL Network, so it only makes sense that both NHL.com and NHL Network are going the extra mile to cover his retirement announcement.
Both the league’s official Web site and channel are scheduled to carry his 2 pm ET press conference today. Along with streaming live on NHL.com, the Dallas Stars’ Web site will also stream Modano’s presser. NHL Network also debut a tribute program called “American Icon” at 6 pm ET on Saturday.
PHT will keep an eye on the press conference today and we’ll also provide some thoughts on “American Icon” if it’s interesting enough on Saturday. It’s great to see the league give Modano’s retirement the treatment and attention it deserves.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5