Sep 23, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
One could probably claim that Mike Modano’s is part of the reason there is a U.S. version of the NHL Network, so it only makes sense that both NHL.com and NHL Network are going the extra mile to cover his retirement announcement.
Both the league’s official Web site and channel are scheduled to carry his 2 pm ET press conference today. Along with streaming live on NHL.com, the Dallas Stars’ Web site will also stream Modano’s presser. NHL Network also debut a tribute program called “American Icon” at 6 pm ET on Saturday.
PHT will keep an eye on the press conference today and we’ll also provide some thoughts on “American Icon” if it’s interesting enough on Saturday. It’s great to see the league give Modano’s retirement the treatment and attention it deserves.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)