Sep 23, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
One could probably claim that Mike Modano’s is part of the reason there is a U.S. version of the NHL Network, so it only makes sense that both NHL.com and NHL Network are going the extra mile to cover his retirement announcement.
Both the league’s official Web site and channel are scheduled to carry his 2 pm ET press conference today. Along with streaming live on NHL.com, the Dallas Stars’ Web site will also stream Modano’s presser. NHL Network also debut a tribute program called “American Icon” at 6 pm ET on Saturday.
PHT will keep an eye on the press conference today and we’ll also provide some thoughts on “American Icon” if it’s interesting enough on Saturday. It’s great to see the league give Modano’s retirement the treatment and attention it deserves.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)