Sep 21, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
There’s been a lot made about the Washington Capitals’ offseason in acquiring guys like Tomas Vokoun, Troy Brouwer, Joel Ward, and Roman Hamrlik to help them get a little tougher to be ready for the offseason. After two straight years of seeing the Capitals get bounced from the playoffs all too soon, the pressure is on for the Capitals to get it done in the playoffs.
The Capitals are under pressure this year in a big way to go deep in the playoffs. Coach Bruce Boudreau and GM George McPhee have all the pieces in place to go deep… But can they? NBC’s Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire hopped on NBC Sports Talk with Russ Thaler to see who they think the Capitals need to step up and carry the team deep into the postseason.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 30
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5