Sep 21, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
There’s been a lot made about the Washington Capitals’ offseason in acquiring guys like Tomas Vokoun, Troy Brouwer, Joel Ward, and Roman Hamrlik to help them get a little tougher to be ready for the offseason. After two straight years of seeing the Capitals get bounced from the playoffs all too soon, the pressure is on for the Capitals to get it done in the playoffs.
The Capitals are under pressure this year in a big way to go deep in the playoffs. Coach Bruce Boudreau and GM George McPhee have all the pieces in place to go deep… But can they? NBC’s Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire hopped on NBC Sports Talk with Russ Thaler to see who they think the Capitals need to step up and carry the team deep into the postseason.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21