Sep 21, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
There’s been a lot made about the Washington Capitals’ offseason in acquiring guys like Tomas Vokoun, Troy Brouwer, Joel Ward, and Roman Hamrlik to help them get a little tougher to be ready for the offseason. After two straight years of seeing the Capitals get bounced from the playoffs all too soon, the pressure is on for the Capitals to get it done in the playoffs.
The Capitals are under pressure this year in a big way to go deep in the playoffs. Coach Bruce Boudreau and GM George McPhee have all the pieces in place to go deep… But can they? NBC’s Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire hopped on NBC Sports Talk with Russ Thaler to see who they think the Capitals need to step up and carry the team deep into the postseason.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 0
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 9
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 11
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4