Sep 14, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
This afternoon on NBC Sports Talk on Versus, Pierre McGuire stopped by to talk hockey with host Russ Thaler. McGuire took a look at the offseason the Buffalo Sabres had and wondered if they made all the right moves to help make them the dark horse candidate for the Stanley Cup finals.
Buffalo went big in acquiring defenseman Robyn Regehr from Calgary and signing free agents Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino to big time free agent contracts. With those moves coupled with the guys they’ve already got in place in the form of Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy, Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers, and all-world goalie Ryan Miller you have to wonder if they’ve done enough to unseat the Boston Bruins in the Northeast Division and to take the top spot in the East.
Pierre breaks it all down for us in his own fun way.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)