Sep 14, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
This afternoon on NBC Sports Talk on Versus, Pierre McGuire stopped by to talk hockey with host Russ Thaler. McGuire took a look at the offseason the Buffalo Sabres had and wondered if they made all the right moves to help make them the dark horse candidate for the Stanley Cup finals.
Buffalo went big in acquiring defenseman Robyn Regehr from Calgary and signing free agents Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino to big time free agent contracts. With those moves coupled with the guys they’ve already got in place in the form of Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy, Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers, and all-world goalie Ryan Miller you have to wonder if they’ve done enough to unseat the Boston Bruins in the Northeast Division and to take the top spot in the East.
Pierre breaks it all down for us in his own fun way.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)