Sep 14, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
This afternoon on NBC Sports Talk on Versus, Pierre McGuire stopped by to talk hockey with host Russ Thaler. McGuire took a look at the offseason the Buffalo Sabres had and wondered if they made all the right moves to help make them the dark horse candidate for the Stanley Cup finals.
Buffalo went big in acquiring defenseman Robyn Regehr from Calgary and signing free agents Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino to big time free agent contracts. With those moves coupled with the guys they’ve already got in place in the form of Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy, Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers, and all-world goalie Ryan Miller you have to wonder if they’ve done enough to unseat the Boston Bruins in the Northeast Division and to take the top spot in the East.
Pierre breaks it all down for us in his own fun way.
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 12
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)