Sep 14, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
This afternoon on NBC Sports Talk on Versus, Pierre McGuire stopped by to talk hockey with host Russ Thaler. McGuire took a look at the offseason the Buffalo Sabres had and wondered if they made all the right moves to help make them the dark horse candidate for the Stanley Cup finals.
Buffalo went big in acquiring defenseman Robyn Regehr from Calgary and signing free agents Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino to big time free agent contracts. With those moves coupled with the guys they’ve already got in place in the form of Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy, Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers, and all-world goalie Ryan Miller you have to wonder if they’ve done enough to unseat the Boston Bruins in the Northeast Division and to take the top spot in the East.
Pierre breaks it all down for us in his own fun way.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)