Sep 14, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
This afternoon on NBC Sports Talk on Versus, Pierre McGuire stopped by to talk hockey with host Russ Thaler. McGuire took a look at the offseason the Buffalo Sabres had and wondered if they made all the right moves to help make them the dark horse candidate for the Stanley Cup finals.
Buffalo went big in acquiring defenseman Robyn Regehr from Calgary and signing free agents Christian Ehrhoff and Ville Leino to big time free agent contracts. With those moves coupled with the guys they’ve already got in place in the form of Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy, Drew Stafford, Tyler Myers, and all-world goalie Ryan Miller you have to wonder if they’ve done enough to unseat the Boston Bruins in the Northeast Division and to take the top spot in the East.
Pierre breaks it all down for us in his own fun way.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)