Sep 14, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
The tragedy in Russia that saw all the members of KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl perish in a plane crash and leaving just one survivor from the flight has been one of the hardest stories for hockey fans around the world to face up to. From all the former NHL players who died in the crash to all the Russian professionals who lost their lives in the tragedy, it’s been a story that’s affected everyone.
Pierre McGuire, who coached Lokomotiv head coach Brad McCrimmon while with the Hartford Whalers, talked with NBC Sports Talk’s Russ Thaler to discuss what the effects of that tragedy could be on the KHL and to the psyche of all players who make a living hopping planes to travel city to city.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7