Sep 7, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
As PHT readers mull over the Winnipeg Jets’ new uniforms, this seems like a good time to share the results of the second most recent fashion-related poll. That second most recent poll revolved around the Los Angeles Kings’ easy decision to go from the lukewarm purple-centric design they’ve worn from the late 90’s until now to a Gretzky-era inspired look that was popular enough to be their sweater of choice during their last two playoff runs.
Since it seemed pretty obvious that PHT readers (and almost anyone, really) would prefer the black, sliver and white combo over the bland late 90’s look, we thought that it might be more interesting to throw a little twist into the poll. Instead of merely asking if the change was better, we also added another option: is the new Gretzky-inspired emblem actually superior to the sweaters that Gretzky & Co. wore in the early 90’s?
It was a close call, but PHT readers apparently prefer the most recent look over the other two options, as you can see from the poll results below.
As you can see, PHT readers prefer the current option by a small margin over the Gretzky-era duds. If you look at the poll from the perspective of approval vs. disapproval alone, it’s clear that people like going with the black, silver and white color scheme overall. The combined rate or approve was 73.56 percent, meaning that just under three out of every four readers think that doing away with the old look was the best move.
Personally, I prefer the simplicity of the Gretzky-era emblem, but that could just be nostalgia talking. We can quibble about which style is superior, yet the consensus is that the change is for the best.
Perhaps the biggest question is: should the Kings go even more nostalgic by rocking the purple (or dare we ask, even the gold) duds? That’s a poll for another day, though.
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 12
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 5
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 51
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (54)