Sep 7, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
As PHT readers mull over the Winnipeg Jets’ new uniforms, this seems like a good time to share the results of the second most recent fashion-related poll. That second most recent poll revolved around the Los Angeles Kings’ easy decision to go from the lukewarm purple-centric design they’ve worn from the late 90’s until now to a Gretzky-era inspired look that was popular enough to be their sweater of choice during their last two playoff runs.
Since it seemed pretty obvious that PHT readers (and almost anyone, really) would prefer the black, sliver and white combo over the bland late 90’s look, we thought that it might be more interesting to throw a little twist into the poll. Instead of merely asking if the change was better, we also added another option: is the new Gretzky-inspired emblem actually superior to the sweaters that Gretzky & Co. wore in the early 90’s?
It was a close call, but PHT readers apparently prefer the most recent look over the other two options, as you can see from the poll results below.
As you can see, PHT readers prefer the current option by a small margin over the Gretzky-era duds. If you look at the poll from the perspective of approval vs. disapproval alone, it’s clear that people like going with the black, silver and white color scheme overall. The combined rate or approve was 73.56 percent, meaning that just under three out of every four readers think that doing away with the old look was the best move.
Personally, I prefer the simplicity of the Gretzky-era emblem, but that could just be nostalgia talking. We can quibble about which style is superior, yet the consensus is that the change is for the best.
Perhaps the biggest question is: should the Kings go even more nostalgic by rocking the purple (or dare we ask, even the gold) duds? That’s a poll for another day, though.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)