Sep 7, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
As PHT readers mull over the Winnipeg Jets’ new uniforms, this seems like a good time to share the results of the second most recent fashion-related poll. That second most recent poll revolved around the Los Angeles Kings’ easy decision to go from the lukewarm purple-centric design they’ve worn from the late 90′s until now to a Gretzky-era inspired look that was popular enough to be their sweater of choice during their last two playoff runs.
Since it seemed pretty obvious that PHT readers (and almost anyone, really) would prefer the black, sliver and white combo over the bland late 90′s look, we thought that it might be more interesting to throw a little twist into the poll. Instead of merely asking if the change was better, we also added another option: is the new Gretzky-inspired emblem actually superior to the sweaters that Gretzky & Co. wore in the early 90′s?
It was a close call, but PHT readers apparently prefer the most recent look over the other two options, as you can see from the poll results below.
As you can see, PHT readers prefer the current option by a small margin over the Gretzky-era duds. If you look at the poll from the perspective of approval vs. disapproval alone, it’s clear that people like going with the black, silver and white color scheme overall. The combined rate or approve was 73.56 percent, meaning that just under three out of every four readers think that doing away with the old look was the best move.
Personally, I prefer the simplicity of the Gretzky-era emblem, but that could just be nostalgia talking. We can quibble about which style is superior, yet the consensus is that the change is for the best.
Perhaps the biggest question is: should the Kings go even more nostalgic by rocking the purple (or dare we ask, even the gold) duds? That’s a poll for another day, though.
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 0
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)