Sep 7, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
The Boston Herald reports that Milan Lucic was questioned by police early Tuesday after getting into a shouting match with his girlfriend, but no charges were filed and there were no signs that anyone was harmed. The Boston Bruins told reporters that they are aware of the situation and “are addressing the matter internally.”
Lucic’s marketing representative Cleon Daskalakis told the Boston Herald that Lucic said it was a “complete misunderstanding,” explaining that they just “created some noise.” The incident reportedly happened outside a Starbucks at The North End in Boston. Daskalakis said that Lucic has been under a lot of pressure since the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, calling him “one of the nicest people you could possibly ever meet.”
Here’s more from the police report, via the Herald.
According to the police report, patrons outside the Four Winds bar told them that a female wearing a silver-sequined dress ran up Fleet Street crying while a man in a black T-shirt with No. 22 on it followed behind her. Police questioned Lucic outside his condo and he told them: “My girlfriend is upstairs. We had an argument. We’re fine. Why are you here at my house?”
As the officer continued to question Lucic, he “slammed his cell phone to the ground and yelled ‘Do you know who I am?’ ” the police report states. At which point, the officer asked for identification and Lucic produced an ID from Vancouver, Canada.
Because no witnesses observed any physical assault and the girlfriend told police she “was not touched,” Lucic was not charged, but both he and his galpal “were informed of their rights under MGL 209A,” (Massachusetts General Laws on abuse prevention) the report states.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)