Sep 7, 2011, 12:10 PM EST
The Boston Herald reports that Milan Lucic was questioned by police early Tuesday after getting into a shouting match with his girlfriend, but no charges were filed and there were no signs that anyone was harmed. The Boston Bruins told reporters that they are aware of the situation and “are addressing the matter internally.”
Lucic’s marketing representative Cleon Daskalakis told the Boston Herald that Lucic said it was a “complete misunderstanding,” explaining that they just “created some noise.” The incident reportedly happened outside a Starbucks at The North End in Boston. Daskalakis said that Lucic has been under a lot of pressure since the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, calling him “one of the nicest people you could possibly ever meet.”
Here’s more from the police report, via the Herald.
According to the police report, patrons outside the Four Winds bar told them that a female wearing a silver-sequined dress ran up Fleet Street crying while a man in a black T-shirt with No. 22 on it followed behind her. Police questioned Lucic outside his condo and he told them: “My girlfriend is upstairs. We had an argument. We’re fine. Why are you here at my house?”
As the officer continued to question Lucic, he “slammed his cell phone to the ground and yelled ‘Do you know who I am?’ ” the police report states. At which point, the officer asked for identification and Lucic produced an ID from Vancouver, Canada.
Because no witnesses observed any physical assault and the girlfriend told police she “was not touched,” Lucic was not charged, but both he and his galpal “were informed of their rights under MGL 209A,” (Massachusetts General Laws on abuse prevention) the report states.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 10
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)