Sep 7, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
The Boston Herald reports that Milan Lucic was questioned by police early Tuesday after getting into a shouting match with his girlfriend, but no charges were filed and there were no signs that anyone was harmed. The Boston Bruins told reporters that they are aware of the situation and “are addressing the matter internally.”
Lucic’s marketing representative Cleon Daskalakis told the Boston Herald that Lucic said it was a “complete misunderstanding,” explaining that they just “created some noise.” The incident reportedly happened outside a Starbucks at The North End in Boston. Daskalakis said that Lucic has been under a lot of pressure since the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, calling him “one of the nicest people you could possibly ever meet.”
Here’s more from the police report, via the Herald.
According to the police report, patrons outside the Four Winds bar told them that a female wearing a silver-sequined dress ran up Fleet Street crying while a man in a black T-shirt with No. 22 on it followed behind her. Police questioned Lucic outside his condo and he told them: “My girlfriend is upstairs. We had an argument. We’re fine. Why are you here at my house?”
As the officer continued to question Lucic, he “slammed his cell phone to the ground and yelled ‘Do you know who I am?’ ” the police report states. At which point, the officer asked for identification and Lucic produced an ID from Vancouver, Canada.
Because no witnesses observed any physical assault and the girlfriend told police she “was not touched,” Lucic was not charged, but both he and his galpal “were informed of their rights under MGL 209A,” (Massachusetts General Laws on abuse prevention) the report states.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 13
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)