Sep 7, 2011, 12:10 PM EST
The Boston Herald reports that Milan Lucic was questioned by police early Tuesday after getting into a shouting match with his girlfriend, but no charges were filed and there were no signs that anyone was harmed. The Boston Bruins told reporters that they are aware of the situation and “are addressing the matter internally.”
Lucic’s marketing representative Cleon Daskalakis told the Boston Herald that Lucic said it was a “complete misunderstanding,” explaining that they just “created some noise.” The incident reportedly happened outside a Starbucks at The North End in Boston. Daskalakis said that Lucic has been under a lot of pressure since the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, calling him “one of the nicest people you could possibly ever meet.”
Here’s more from the police report, via the Herald.
According to the police report, patrons outside the Four Winds bar told them that a female wearing a silver-sequined dress ran up Fleet Street crying while a man in a black T-shirt with No. 22 on it followed behind her. Police questioned Lucic outside his condo and he told them: “My girlfriend is upstairs. We had an argument. We’re fine. Why are you here at my house?”
As the officer continued to question Lucic, he “slammed his cell phone to the ground and yelled ‘Do you know who I am?’ ” the police report states. At which point, the officer asked for identification and Lucic produced an ID from Vancouver, Canada.
Because no witnesses observed any physical assault and the girlfriend told police she “was not touched,” Lucic was not charged, but both he and his galpal “were informed of their rights under MGL 209A,” (Massachusetts General Laws on abuse prevention) the report states.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)