Sep 6, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
If for nothing else, the Winnipeg Jets choosing the name “Jets” helped make the setting of today’s press conference to reveal the Jets new sweaters far more dramatic. With a fighter jet providing the backdrop and a C-130 Hercules providing the stage for Jets players Andrew Ladd, Eric Fehr, Mark Stuart, and Nik Antropov to walk out from, the Jets revealed what they’ll be wearing on the ice this season.
After months of speculation with a host of counterfeit jerseys already being sold on the Internet, the Jets’ new sweaters are simple. Their home blue sweater is a nice, clean looking sweater with the Jets logo big and bold on the front with their secondary logo on the shoulders. The light blue and white stripes on the sleeves help the whole look jump out a bit and the numbers are easy to read.
The road white sweater is a bit more curious. It has the same logo on the front and the secondary logo is again on the shoulders. While it too has the same stripes going around the elbows, the white sweater has a shoulder yoke that goes down the full length of the sleeve and the elbow stripes wrap around that making the elbow region of the sweater a car accident of stripes and colors.
All told, these sweaters are nice, but underwhelming. With all the build up and the waiting that went into this, coming up with something that’s a bit plain and simple comes off almost as boring but these are good sweaters and a good look all told.
For more photos up close and personal, check them out here at the Jets’ website.
What do you think of them? Let us know in the comments and in our poll.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)