Sep 6, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
If for nothing else, the Winnipeg Jets choosing the name “Jets” helped make the setting of today’s press conference to reveal the Jets new sweaters far more dramatic. With a fighter jet providing the backdrop and a C-130 Hercules providing the stage for Jets players Andrew Ladd, Eric Fehr, Mark Stuart, and Nik Antropov to walk out from, the Jets revealed what they’ll be wearing on the ice this season.
After months of speculation with a host of counterfeit jerseys already being sold on the Internet, the Jets’ new sweaters are simple. Their home blue sweater is a nice, clean looking sweater with the Jets logo big and bold on the front with their secondary logo on the shoulders. The light blue and white stripes on the sleeves help the whole look jump out a bit and the numbers are easy to read.
The road white sweater is a bit more curious. It has the same logo on the front and the secondary logo is again on the shoulders. While it too has the same stripes going around the elbows, the white sweater has a shoulder yoke that goes down the full length of the sleeve and the elbow stripes wrap around that making the elbow region of the sweater a car accident of stripes and colors.
All told, these sweaters are nice, but underwhelming. With all the build up and the waiting that went into this, coming up with something that’s a bit plain and simple comes off almost as boring but these are good sweaters and a good look all told.
For more photos up close and personal, check them out here at the Jets’ website.
What do you think of them? Let us know in the comments and in our poll.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)