Sep 1, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
The wait is finally over hockey sweater fashionistas.
On Tuesday, September 6 at noon Eastern, the Winnipeg Jets will be unveiling the team’s home and away sweaters for this season at a press conference at 10 Hangar, 17 Wing in Winnipeg. That’s a fitting location given the team’s logo is inspired and modeled after the Royal Canadian Air Force.
After going through their first NHL Draft without being able to hand out an official team sweater and then dealing with counterfeit sweaters being sold online as well as ensuring that the latest EA video game won’t have the jerseys ready to go on the game, the folks at True North are finally going to unleash their product on a hockey public eager to buy it and critique the hell out of it.
There’s nothing like the release of a new set of jerseys to bring out the red carpet fashion critic in all of us and we’ll be more than happy to do the same on Tuesday afternoon once the Jets unleash their creation upon the masses. Given what their new logo looks like and the alternate logos and word marks tied in with all that, we’re excited to see what they’ve got in store. Things could go really right, horribly wrong, or even worse still, terribly boring.
Hockey logo and concepts blog Icethetics has been posting concepts of what fans would like to see done with the Jets sweater so it’ll be fun to compare what the finished product is compared to what some of the more creative fans out there have come up with. Here’s to hoping they’ll give fans something iconic and not something that will end up on the bad side of a best/worst series.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)