Sep 1, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
The wait is finally over hockey sweater fashionistas.
On Tuesday, September 6 at noon Eastern, the Winnipeg Jets will be unveiling the team’s home and away sweaters for this season at a press conference at 10 Hangar, 17 Wing in Winnipeg. That’s a fitting location given the team’s logo is inspired and modeled after the Royal Canadian Air Force.
After going through their first NHL Draft without being able to hand out an official team sweater and then dealing with counterfeit sweaters being sold online as well as ensuring that the latest EA video game won’t have the jerseys ready to go on the game, the folks at True North are finally going to unleash their product on a hockey public eager to buy it and critique the hell out of it.
There’s nothing like the release of a new set of jerseys to bring out the red carpet fashion critic in all of us and we’ll be more than happy to do the same on Tuesday afternoon once the Jets unleash their creation upon the masses. Given what their new logo looks like and the alternate logos and word marks tied in with all that, we’re excited to see what they’ve got in store. Things could go really right, horribly wrong, or even worse still, terribly boring.
Hockey logo and concepts blog Icethetics has been posting concepts of what fans would like to see done with the Jets sweater so it’ll be fun to compare what the finished product is compared to what some of the more creative fans out there have come up with. Here’s to hoping they’ll give fans something iconic and not something that will end up on the bad side of a best/worst series.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)