Sep 1, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
The wait is finally over hockey sweater fashionistas.
On Tuesday, September 6 at noon Eastern, the Winnipeg Jets will be unveiling the team’s home and away sweaters for this season at a press conference at 10 Hangar, 17 Wing in Winnipeg. That’s a fitting location given the team’s logo is inspired and modeled after the Royal Canadian Air Force.
After going through their first NHL Draft without being able to hand out an official team sweater and then dealing with counterfeit sweaters being sold online as well as ensuring that the latest EA video game won’t have the jerseys ready to go on the game, the folks at True North are finally going to unleash their product on a hockey public eager to buy it and critique the hell out of it.
There’s nothing like the release of a new set of jerseys to bring out the red carpet fashion critic in all of us and we’ll be more than happy to do the same on Tuesday afternoon once the Jets unleash their creation upon the masses. Given what their new logo looks like and the alternate logos and word marks tied in with all that, we’re excited to see what they’ve got in store. Things could go really right, horribly wrong, or even worse still, terribly boring.
Hockey logo and concepts blog Icethetics has been posting concepts of what fans would like to see done with the Jets sweater so it’ll be fun to compare what the finished product is compared to what some of the more creative fans out there have come up with. Here’s to hoping they’ll give fans something iconic and not something that will end up on the bad side of a best/worst series.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)