Sep 1, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
The wait is finally over hockey sweater fashionistas.
On Tuesday, September 6 at noon Eastern, the Winnipeg Jets will be unveiling the team’s home and away sweaters for this season at a press conference at 10 Hangar, 17 Wing in Winnipeg. That’s a fitting location given the team’s logo is inspired and modeled after the Royal Canadian Air Force.
After going through their first NHL Draft without being able to hand out an official team sweater and then dealing with counterfeit sweaters being sold online as well as ensuring that the latest EA video game won’t have the jerseys ready to go on the game, the folks at True North are finally going to unleash their product on a hockey public eager to buy it and critique the hell out of it.
There’s nothing like the release of a new set of jerseys to bring out the red carpet fashion critic in all of us and we’ll be more than happy to do the same on Tuesday afternoon once the Jets unleash their creation upon the masses. Given what their new logo looks like and the alternate logos and word marks tied in with all that, we’re excited to see what they’ve got in store. Things could go really right, horribly wrong, or even worse still, terribly boring.
Hockey logo and concepts blog Icethetics has been posting concepts of what fans would like to see done with the Jets sweater so it’ll be fun to compare what the finished product is compared to what some of the more creative fans out there have come up with. Here’s to hoping they’ll give fans something iconic and not something that will end up on the bad side of a best/worst series.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 35
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)