Sep 1, 2011, 5:53 PM EST
The wait is finally over hockey sweater fashionistas.
On Tuesday, September 6 at noon Eastern, the Winnipeg Jets will be unveiling the team’s home and away sweaters for this season at a press conference at 10 Hangar, 17 Wing in Winnipeg. That’s a fitting location given the team’s logo is inspired and modeled after the Royal Canadian Air Force.
After going through their first NHL Draft without being able to hand out an official team sweater and then dealing with counterfeit sweaters being sold online as well as ensuring that the latest EA video game won’t have the jerseys ready to go on the game, the folks at True North are finally going to unleash their product on a hockey public eager to buy it and critique the hell out of it.
There’s nothing like the release of a new set of jerseys to bring out the red carpet fashion critic in all of us and we’ll be more than happy to do the same on Tuesday afternoon once the Jets unleash their creation upon the masses. Given what their new logo looks like and the alternate logos and word marks tied in with all that, we’re excited to see what they’ve got in store. Things could go really right, horribly wrong, or even worse still, terribly boring.
Hockey logo and concepts blog Icethetics has been posting concepts of what fans would like to see done with the Jets sweater so it’ll be fun to compare what the finished product is compared to what some of the more creative fans out there have come up with. Here’s to hoping they’ll give fans something iconic and not something that will end up on the bad side of a best/worst series.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)