Aug 26, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
First, fans were eagerly waiting to find out the new name for the team that relocated to Winnipeg. Once the organization announced the
old new team name at the NHL
Entry Draft in June, people were clamoring for the new logo. Once the logo was leaked (then quickly released) in July, fans wanted a look at the new jerseys. Well, two out of three isn’t so bad.
Jets Director of Corporate Communications, Scott Brown, told the Winnipeg Free Press that the team’s prospects would wear practice jerseys when they take the ice in the NHL Young Stars Tournament in Penticton, BC. The tournament had been tabbed as the first opportunity for fans to see the new jerseys on members of the organization—but it looks like fans will have to wait just a little bit longer.
At this point, the actual jersey is one of the only mysteries left for the reincarnation of the Jets. The new pants and even the new helmets have already started filtering their way out of Winnipeg:
“Blake Wheeler used his Twitter account to showcase a picture of the team’s pants earlier this week and Eric Fehr was spotted wearing a helmet with a Jets’ logo on it on Wednesday, but the whole look likely won’t be unveiled until around the team’s first pre-season games on Sept. 20 with split-squad tilts against the Columbus Blue Jackets at the MTS Centre and Nationwide Arena in Ohio.”
The one thing we know about the new jerseys is that the phony jerseys out there are nowhere near close to the real deal. Since announcing the new name, the Jets organization has repeatedly said that they want to remain true to the Jets former history while updating the look. Some fans were disappointed with the new logo because it was “uninspired;” while others were disappointed because the team wouldn’t use the previous logo. The reaction to the new jerseys will probably be similar. You can please some of the people sometimes; but you can’t please all the people all of the time.
Until then, we’ll just wait. Judging by the Winnipeg Free Press’ report, we’ll have to wait just a little bit longer than we thought we would.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 34
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)