Aug 16, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
For the second straight summer, new rules and budding prospects will be tested at the 2011 NHL Research, Development and Orientation Camp. That intriguing – and maybe even fruitful – process is scheduled this week, on Wednesday and Thursday. You can be sure that Pro Hockey Talk will be on top of the notable developments just like last year, whether the testing involves small tweaks or out-there concepts that have very little chance of ever seeing the light of day.
In fact, we’ve already covered some of the bases. Check out these articles for a quick refresher on the August 17 and 18th camps.
- Five interesting rules set to be tested at R & D camp. Here’s the full list as well.
- One rule that should be tested, but won’t – at least not in 2011.
- Here’s a list of the top prospects who received invitations to the camp.
- Dan Bylsma and Dave Tippett will coach those prospects.
So, again, PHT should be all over the R & D camp. That being said, if you want even more coverage, the US version of the NHL Network will air TSN’s “That’s Hockey” on Wednesday and Thursday. Gino Reda hosts the show, which features a panel of experts, analysis and some interviews. The hourly program will air at 7 pm ET on Wednesday and Thursday.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 0
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 0
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 14
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 10
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)