Aug 16, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
For the second straight summer, new rules and budding prospects will be tested at the 2011 NHL Research, Development and Orientation Camp. That intriguing – and maybe even fruitful – process is scheduled this week, on Wednesday and Thursday. You can be sure that Pro Hockey Talk will be on top of the notable developments just like last year, whether the testing involves small tweaks or out-there concepts that have very little chance of ever seeing the light of day.
In fact, we’ve already covered some of the bases. Check out these articles for a quick refresher on the August 17 and 18th camps.
- Five interesting rules set to be tested at R & D camp. Here’s the full list as well.
- One rule that should be tested, but won’t – at least not in 2011.
- Here’s a list of the top prospects who received invitations to the camp.
- Dan Bylsma and Dave Tippett will coach those prospects.
So, again, PHT should be all over the R & D camp. That being said, if you want even more coverage, the US version of the NHL Network will air TSN’s “That’s Hockey” on Wednesday and Thursday. Gino Reda hosts the show, which features a panel of experts, analysis and some interviews. The hourly program will air at 7 pm ET on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 20
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5