Aug 16, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
For the second straight summer, new rules and budding prospects will be tested at the 2011 NHL Research, Development and Orientation Camp. That intriguing – and maybe even fruitful – process is scheduled this week, on Wednesday and Thursday. You can be sure that Pro Hockey Talk will be on top of the notable developments just like last year, whether the testing involves small tweaks or out-there concepts that have very little chance of ever seeing the light of day.
In fact, we’ve already covered some of the bases. Check out these articles for a quick refresher on the August 17 and 18th camps.
- Five interesting rules set to be tested at R & D camp. Here’s the full list as well.
- One rule that should be tested, but won’t – at least not in 2011.
- Here’s a list of the top prospects who received invitations to the camp.
- Dan Bylsma and Dave Tippett will coach those prospects.
So, again, PHT should be all over the R & D camp. That being said, if you want even more coverage, the US version of the NHL Network will air TSN’s “That’s Hockey” on Wednesday and Thursday. Gino Reda hosts the show, which features a panel of experts, analysis and some interviews. The hourly program will air at 7 pm ET on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)