Aug 15, 2011, 6:02 PM EDT
It’s not often we do this sort of thing, but rather than just talk about a great post, we’re just going to point you in the direction of one worth checking out.
Today’s must-click link comes to us from SBN’s Ottawa Senators blog Silver Sevens. There, Peter Raaymakers wrote a great piece on fighting in the NHL and the toll it takes on those who partake in the league’s legal way of meting out justice on the ice. Fighting is something that I personally do enjoy, but only in those fights where you’ve got two willing and able participants going at it to prove some sort of point to each other or for their teams.
After reading Raaymakers’ piece on the subject and the effects it has on players, it’s the sort of thing that will give even the most ardent fan of fighting a reason to take a step back and look at things from a different perspective. Give it a read and go over things once again in your own mind if you’re a fan of fights and pugilistic justice on the ice.
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 18
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 38
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 71
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 28
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks