Aug 15, 2011, 6:02 PM EDT
It’s not often we do this sort of thing, but rather than just talk about a great post, we’re just going to point you in the direction of one worth checking out.
Today’s must-click link comes to us from SBN’s Ottawa Senators blog Silver Sevens. There, Peter Raaymakers wrote a great piece on fighting in the NHL and the toll it takes on those who partake in the league’s legal way of meting out justice on the ice. Fighting is something that I personally do enjoy, but only in those fights where you’ve got two willing and able participants going at it to prove some sort of point to each other or for their teams.
After reading Raaymakers’ piece on the subject and the effects it has on players, it’s the sort of thing that will give even the most ardent fan of fighting a reason to take a step back and look at things from a different perspective. Give it a read and go over things once again in your own mind if you’re a fan of fights and pugilistic justice on the ice.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)