Aug 15, 2011, 6:02 PM EDT
It’s not often we do this sort of thing, but rather than just talk about a great post, we’re just going to point you in the direction of one worth checking out.
Today’s must-click link comes to us from SBN’s Ottawa Senators blog Silver Sevens. There, Peter Raaymakers wrote a great piece on fighting in the NHL and the toll it takes on those who partake in the league’s legal way of meting out justice on the ice. Fighting is something that I personally do enjoy, but only in those fights where you’ve got two willing and able participants going at it to prove some sort of point to each other or for their teams.
After reading Raaymakers’ piece on the subject and the effects it has on players, it’s the sort of thing that will give even the most ardent fan of fighting a reason to take a step back and look at things from a different perspective. Give it a read and go over things once again in your own mind if you’re a fan of fights and pugilistic justice on the ice.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)