Aug 15, 2011, 6:02 PM EDT
It’s not often we do this sort of thing, but rather than just talk about a great post, we’re just going to point you in the direction of one worth checking out.
Today’s must-click link comes to us from SBN’s Ottawa Senators blog Silver Sevens. There, Peter Raaymakers wrote a great piece on fighting in the NHL and the toll it takes on those who partake in the league’s legal way of meting out justice on the ice. Fighting is something that I personally do enjoy, but only in those fights where you’ve got two willing and able participants going at it to prove some sort of point to each other or for their teams.
After reading Raaymakers’ piece on the subject and the effects it has on players, it’s the sort of thing that will give even the most ardent fan of fighting a reason to take a step back and look at things from a different perspective. Give it a read and go over things once again in your own mind if you’re a fan of fights and pugilistic justice on the ice.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 20
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 10
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)