Aug 15, 2011, 5:22 PM EDT
Signs you know we’re deep in summer and eager for any hockey news: This story.
Former Penguins forward and potentially soon-to-be retired star Mike Comrie has some other good news in his life now. Comrie and celebrity wife Hillary Duff are expecting their first child. Comrie’s hip injury may keep him from getting back on the ice anytime soon, but that might work out for the best as he can now play the role of stay-at-home dad.
Duff announced that she was with child on her website as their first wedding anniversary had approached. Being one of two high-profile NHL couples (Nashville’s Mike Fisher and country singer Carrie Underwood being the other) it’s tough to ignore news of this sort and while this has absolutely nothing at all to do with the game itself, let’s all wish health and wellness to the expectant couple.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38