Aug 15, 2011, 5:22 PM EST
Signs you know we’re deep in summer and eager for any hockey news: This story.
Former Penguins forward and potentially soon-to-be retired star Mike Comrie has some other good news in his life now. Comrie and celebrity wife Hillary Duff are expecting their first child. Comrie’s hip injury may keep him from getting back on the ice anytime soon, but that might work out for the best as he can now play the role of stay-at-home dad.
Duff announced that she was with child on her website as their first wedding anniversary had approached. Being one of two high-profile NHL couples (Nashville’s Mike Fisher and country singer Carrie Underwood being the other) it’s tough to ignore news of this sort and while this has absolutely nothing at all to do with the game itself, let’s all wish health and wellness to the expectant couple.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)