Aug 15, 2011, 5:22 PM EDT
Signs you know we’re deep in summer and eager for any hockey news: This story.
Former Penguins forward and potentially soon-to-be retired star Mike Comrie has some other good news in his life now. Comrie and celebrity wife Hillary Duff are expecting their first child. Comrie’s hip injury may keep him from getting back on the ice anytime soon, but that might work out for the best as he can now play the role of stay-at-home dad.
Duff announced that she was with child on her website as their first wedding anniversary had approached. Being one of two high-profile NHL couples (Nashville’s Mike Fisher and country singer Carrie Underwood being the other) it’s tough to ignore news of this sort and while this has absolutely nothing at all to do with the game itself, let’s all wish health and wellness to the expectant couple.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54