Aug 15, 2011, 5:22 PM EDT
Signs you know we’re deep in summer and eager for any hockey news: This story.
Former Penguins forward and potentially soon-to-be retired star Mike Comrie has some other good news in his life now. Comrie and celebrity wife Hillary Duff are expecting their first child. Comrie’s hip injury may keep him from getting back on the ice anytime soon, but that might work out for the best as he can now play the role of stay-at-home dad.
Duff announced that she was with child on her website as their first wedding anniversary had approached. Being one of two high-profile NHL couples (Nashville’s Mike Fisher and country singer Carrie Underwood being the other) it’s tough to ignore news of this sort and while this has absolutely nothing at all to do with the game itself, let’s all wish health and wellness to the expectant couple.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)