Aug 15, 2011, 5:22 PM EST
Signs you know we’re deep in summer and eager for any hockey news: This story.
Former Penguins forward and potentially soon-to-be retired star Mike Comrie has some other good news in his life now. Comrie and celebrity wife Hillary Duff are expecting their first child. Comrie’s hip injury may keep him from getting back on the ice anytime soon, but that might work out for the best as he can now play the role of stay-at-home dad.
Duff announced that she was with child on her website as their first wedding anniversary had approached. Being one of two high-profile NHL couples (Nashville’s Mike Fisher and country singer Carrie Underwood being the other) it’s tough to ignore news of this sort and while this has absolutely nothing at all to do with the game itself, let’s all wish health and wellness to the expectant couple.
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 2
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 7
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 9
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 60
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)