Aug 10, 2011, 11:31 AM EST
Rob Schremp will be forever known as the guy with the tremendous shootout skills. Just look him up on YouTube and you’ll see a host of different trick shots throughout his career. Unfortunately for him, the shootout in the NHL didn’t happen in every game (it only feels like that) and his skills at even strength weren’t exactly overpowering.
Because of all that, Schremp had a hard time finding an NHL deal this summer and is instead reportedly headed off to Sweden to play for MODO in the Swedish Elite League according to Risto Pakarinen.
Schremp played for the Islanders and Thrashers last season and compiled 13 goals and 13 assists in 63 games total. Offensive totals-wise it was his best season, although two years ago for the Islanders he had seven goals and 18 assists in just 44 games with New York. The Fulton, NY native always had the offensive skills to be creative but could never quite put it together at the NHL to be a productive everyday player and with offense-only players not being long for the modern NHL as it is, Schremp’s days numbered.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8