Aug 10, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Rob Schremp will be forever known as the guy with the tremendous shootout skills. Just look him up on YouTube and you’ll see a host of different trick shots throughout his career. Unfortunately for him, the shootout in the NHL didn’t happen in every game (it only feels like that) and his skills at even strength weren’t exactly overpowering.
Because of all that, Schremp had a hard time finding an NHL deal this summer and is instead reportedly headed off to Sweden to play for MODO in the Swedish Elite League according to Risto Pakarinen.
Schremp played for the Islanders and Thrashers last season and compiled 13 goals and 13 assists in 63 games total. Offensive totals-wise it was his best season, although two years ago for the Islanders he had seven goals and 18 assists in just 44 games with New York. The Fulton, NY native always had the offensive skills to be creative but could never quite put it together at the NHL to be a productive everyday player and with offense-only players not being long for the modern NHL as it is, Schremp’s days numbered.
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 0
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona