Aug 10, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Rob Schremp will be forever known as the guy with the tremendous shootout skills. Just look him up on YouTube and you’ll see a host of different trick shots throughout his career. Unfortunately for him, the shootout in the NHL didn’t happen in every game (it only feels like that) and his skills at even strength weren’t exactly overpowering.
Because of all that, Schremp had a hard time finding an NHL deal this summer and is instead reportedly headed off to Sweden to play for MODO in the Swedish Elite League according to Risto Pakarinen.
Schremp played for the Islanders and Thrashers last season and compiled 13 goals and 13 assists in 63 games total. Offensive totals-wise it was his best season, although two years ago for the Islanders he had seven goals and 18 assists in just 44 games with New York. The Fulton, NY native always had the offensive skills to be creative but could never quite put it together at the NHL to be a productive everyday player and with offense-only players not being long for the modern NHL as it is, Schremp’s days numbered.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 21
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)