Aug 10, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Rob Schremp will be forever known as the guy with the tremendous shootout skills. Just look him up on YouTube and you’ll see a host of different trick shots throughout his career. Unfortunately for him, the shootout in the NHL didn’t happen in every game (it only feels like that) and his skills at even strength weren’t exactly overpowering.
Because of all that, Schremp had a hard time finding an NHL deal this summer and is instead reportedly headed off to Sweden to play for MODO in the Swedish Elite League according to Risto Pakarinen.
Schremp played for the Islanders and Thrashers last season and compiled 13 goals and 13 assists in 63 games total. Offensive totals-wise it was his best season, although two years ago for the Islanders he had seven goals and 18 assists in just 44 games with New York. The Fulton, NY native always had the offensive skills to be creative but could never quite put it together at the NHL to be a productive everyday player and with offense-only players not being long for the modern NHL as it is, Schremp’s days numbered.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63