Aug 5, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Sean Avery‘s bad morning of partying in his Hollywood home that saw him land in jail after allegedly shoving a police officer is over.
Jesse Spector of the New York Daily News reports that Avery was released from jail on $20,000 bond and will have a court date on September 2 to face the music in California. TMZ who broke the story initially early this morning is reporting some more disappointing details of how Avery’s arrest broke down when police were responding to complaints of loud music at his home.
As it turns out, Avery’s chirping isn’t just an on-ice phenomenon but also apparently comes into play when dealing with the police.
NHL star Sean Avery challenged cops to a FIGHT when they responded to his Hollywood Hills home this morning … calling them, “Fat little pigs” … law enforcement sources tell TMZ.
We’re told cops were dispatched to the home over a complaint about loud music — and when they arrived to Avery’s pad, the hockey star was NOT happy to see them.
Sources tell us 31-year-old Avery immediately began running his mouth at the cops — telling them he would fight all of them … even challenging them to, “Come back without your badges.”
Well, there’s not much more you can really say with this other than, perhaps, this is just Sean Avery being Sean Avery. We’ve seen him run his mouth countless times on the ice and while that’s all well and good during a game, doing it real life has actual consequences, not those determined by the Wheel of Justice.
If there’s an upside to this, we can at least be happy that Avery didn’t pull the, “Don’t you know who I am?” card on the cops. Considering it all went down in Hollywood, that probably wouldn’t have worked out too well anyhow.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 55
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming