Jul 28, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
It’s unclear why they did this, but the Phoenix Coyotes and Vancouver Canucks decided to swap a pair of home games during the 2011-12 season (according to NHL.com). Both of the games take place in February, so it should be a minor change.
The move is pretty simple. The Coyotes were originally scheduled to host the Canucks on Monday, February 13, 2012 but will instead play that home game in Phoenix on Tuesday, February 28. The Canucks will then play a home game against the Coyotes on February 13 (instead of February 28).
This shouldn’t be a big deal for many, but if you’re a season ticket holder with a tight schedule or a person who enjoys taking hockey-related trips, this change might be important to note. We’ll let you know if word surfaces of any other changes made to the 2011-12 schedule.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)