Jul 28, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s unclear why they did this, but the Phoenix Coyotes and Vancouver Canucks decided to swap a pair of home games during the 2011-12 season (according to NHL.com). Both of the games take place in February, so it should be a minor change.
The move is pretty simple. The Coyotes were originally scheduled to host the Canucks on Monday, February 13, 2012 but will instead play that home game in Phoenix on Tuesday, February 28. The Canucks will then play a home game against the Coyotes on February 13 (instead of February 28).
This shouldn’t be a big deal for many, but if you’re a season ticket holder with a tight schedule or a person who enjoys taking hockey-related trips, this change might be important to note. We’ll let you know if word surfaces of any other changes made to the 2011-12 schedule.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)