Jul 28, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s unclear why they did this, but the Phoenix Coyotes and Vancouver Canucks decided to swap a pair of home games during the 2011-12 season (according to NHL.com). Both of the games take place in February, so it should be a minor change.
The move is pretty simple. The Coyotes were originally scheduled to host the Canucks on Monday, February 13, 2012 but will instead play that home game in Phoenix on Tuesday, February 28. The Canucks will then play a home game against the Coyotes on February 13 (instead of February 28).
This shouldn’t be a big deal for many, but if you’re a season ticket holder with a tight schedule or a person who enjoys taking hockey-related trips, this change might be important to note. We’ll let you know if word surfaces of any other changes made to the 2011-12 schedule.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15