Jul 28, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s unclear why they did this, but the Phoenix Coyotes and Vancouver Canucks decided to swap a pair of home games during the 2011-12 season (according to NHL.com). Both of the games take place in February, so it should be a minor change.
The move is pretty simple. The Coyotes were originally scheduled to host the Canucks on Monday, February 13, 2012 but will instead play that home game in Phoenix on Tuesday, February 28. The Canucks will then play a home game against the Coyotes on February 13 (instead of February 28).
This shouldn’t be a big deal for many, but if you’re a season ticket holder with a tight schedule or a person who enjoys taking hockey-related trips, this change might be important to note. We’ll let you know if word surfaces of any other changes made to the 2011-12 schedule.
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs Day at PHT 0
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 19
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 40
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 35
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (40)