Jul 28, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s unclear why they did this, but the Phoenix Coyotes and Vancouver Canucks decided to swap a pair of home games during the 2011-12 season (according to NHL.com). Both of the games take place in February, so it should be a minor change.
The move is pretty simple. The Coyotes were originally scheduled to host the Canucks on Monday, February 13, 2012 but will instead play that home game in Phoenix on Tuesday, February 28. The Canucks will then play a home game against the Coyotes on February 13 (instead of February 28).
This shouldn’t be a big deal for many, but if you’re a season ticket holder with a tight schedule or a person who enjoys taking hockey-related trips, this change might be important to note. We’ll let you know if word surfaces of any other changes made to the 2011-12 schedule.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 54
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (54)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)