Jul 21, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Another day, another arbitration case avoided with a last-minute signing.
This time around it all works in the benefit of both Brandon Dubinsky and the New York Rangers as Dubinsky signed a four-year deal with the team reportedly worth $16.8 million. That gives Dubinsky a salary cap hit of $4.2 million over the next four years. Dubinsky’s case, had it gone to an arbitration hearing, would’ve been a fascinating one to deliberate given his worth to the team and his performance with the Rangers last season.
Dubinsky was the Rangers leading scorer last season with 54 points. His 24 goals and 30 assists both led the team as well and during their first round series loss to Washington, he was again their leading man with two goals and an assist as the Rangers were bounced out in five games.
Dubinsky has been able to pair up with linemate and fellow restricted free agent Ryan Callahan to form a great second line duo for the Rangers. While Callahan will get his contract figured out likely before he heads to arbitration, with Brad Richards now in New York to help get Marian Gaborik going, perhaps the ice will be freed up for Dubinsky and Callahan to score a few more points themselves as the Rangers look to have their offense improve in a big way.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)