Jul 20, 2011, 2:11 PM EST
The NHL signed a huge 10-year TV deal with the NBC Sports Group during the playoffs, leaving some to think that the league left Disney (which owns ABC and ESPN) out in the cold. That doesn’t seem to be true in every sense, though, as the two companies are teaming up on a new promotion.
Starting in the fall of 2011, characters from the Disney Channel show “Phineas and Ferb” will make their way onto NHL merchandise. This post’s main image is an example of that partnership. A press release reveals that the merchandise will extend to “apparel, headwear, house & home products and collectibles.”
If you’re like me and you’ve never heard of this program before, the show has been nominated for a variety of awards and took home a 2010 Daytime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Writing in Animation.” Here’s a quick summary of what the show is all about, via IMDB.com.
An animated comedy about two stepbrothers who find inventive things to do on each day of their summer vacation such as building a roller coaster out of materials you would find in your everyday home like Popsicle sticks, indoor plumbing, etc. Unbeknownst to them, their pet platypus, Perry, leads a double life as a secret agent.
If nothing else, that sounds far more tolerable than an episode of “Dora the Explorer.” That being said, I’m still holding out hope for a “Spongebob Squarepants” collaboration. The question is: will there be enough room in Cartoon Hockey Town for “Phineas and Ferb” and “The NHL Guardians project”?
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)