Jul 17, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Now that the summer is in full swing so is the Stanley Cup’s travels all around the world with members of the Boston Bruins as they each get a day with the world’s most famous trophy. While the Cup ends up in parades all over the place and turns into everyone’s favorite party favor, sometimes things don’t go smoothly as keepers of the Cup from the Hockey Hall of Fame hustle to keep it moving around all summer.
Unfortunately, sometimes things get held up around airports. Shocking news, we know, to those that travel via air enough. We’re sure we’ve all got some nightmare tales of getting frisked too heavily by TSA or getting boned over trying to make a connection or getting stranded at an airport but when you mess with the Stanley Cup, that gets noticed.
Such is the case for Boston’s Nathan Horton who waited for the Cup to arrive to him in Buffalo today only to find out it hadn’t arrived. Horton’s wife, Tammy Plante-Horton took the airing of grievances to Twitter to share how the world’s most famous piece of luggage got lost in the shuffle.
Well that’s a huge problem. As Plante-Horton went on to tweet, today was Nathan Horton’s day to show it off and he has to make the most of his time because it’s then off to the Czech Republic next. This means for however long it goes missing, it’s cutting into Horton’s day with the Cup.
Fortunately, there’s a slightly happy ending to all this as it turns out travel snafus had more to do with the Cup going missing in the meantime as Plante-Horton again tweeted for the world to see.
If you’re looking for that tweet in Plante-Horton’s timeline, so are we as she later deleted it. Take that for what you will. That said, we’re sure that’s a fun conversation to have when the folks at the airport say the bag has gone missing. It’s not as if this was a bag of clothes or unmentionables here, it’s the Stanley freakin’ Cup. The happy ending to all this is that the Cup didn’t go missing. Here’s to hoping this airline experience doesn’t totally ruin Horton’s day with the Cup.
If you’re feeling like things always conspire against you when you travel and you’re getting hassled too much by TSA or it’s your bags that get lost or your flight that always gets delayed, take comfort in knowing that not even having the Stanley Cup with you is enough to guarantee you efficient passage to your destination.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 0
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2