Jul 15, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
It was just last summer that we were busy following Patrick Kane around Chicago as he was the toast of the town after helping the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup. This summer, things are a little bit tougher for Kane without the Stanley Cup and now dealing with a recently discovered broken wrist.
Rather than run the risk of missing most of training camp, Kane will have the wrist operated on on Tuesday. Blackhawks team physician Dr. Michael Terry had this to say about what’s ailing Kane.
“Patrick Kane sustained a left wrist injury which came to light recently during his off-season training. He will undergo surgery on Tuesday to repair a scaphoid fracture. We anticipate a full recovery in 6-8 weeks and in time for training camp. We do not anticipate any long-term issues.”
With training camp set to kick off in mid-September the timing is ideal to get Kane patched up and ready to start working out with the team and prepare for the start of the regular season. The Blackhawks have retooled and added all over the ice and Kane has said he’s a big fan of how tough the team is now compared to last season’s squad that was bounced in the first round of the playoffs.
With all that new physicality in town, they’ll need Kane back in shape to bring some of that finesse scoring with him as well. Kane’s production was down slightly from the previous season and keeping healthy and filling the net with goals. With another big season from Patrick Sharp and a healthy Marian Hossa, Kane and Jonathan Toews should keep busy scoring goals all year.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)