Jul 15, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
It was just last summer that we were busy following Patrick Kane around Chicago as he was the toast of the town after helping the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup. This summer, things are a little bit tougher for Kane without the Stanley Cup and now dealing with a recently discovered broken wrist.
Rather than run the risk of missing most of training camp, Kane will have the wrist operated on on Tuesday. Blackhawks team physician Dr. Michael Terry had this to say about what’s ailing Kane.
“Patrick Kane sustained a left wrist injury which came to light recently during his off-season training. He will undergo surgery on Tuesday to repair a scaphoid fracture. We anticipate a full recovery in 6-8 weeks and in time for training camp. We do not anticipate any long-term issues.”
With training camp set to kick off in mid-September the timing is ideal to get Kane patched up and ready to start working out with the team and prepare for the start of the regular season. The Blackhawks have retooled and added all over the ice and Kane has said he’s a big fan of how tough the team is now compared to last season’s squad that was bounced in the first round of the playoffs.
With all that new physicality in town, they’ll need Kane back in shape to bring some of that finesse scoring with him as well. Kane’s production was down slightly from the previous season and keeping healthy and filling the net with goals. With another big season from Patrick Sharp and a healthy Marian Hossa, Kane and Jonathan Toews should keep busy scoring goals all year.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)