Jul 15, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
It was just last summer that we were busy following Patrick Kane around Chicago as he was the toast of the town after helping the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup. This summer, things are a little bit tougher for Kane without the Stanley Cup and now dealing with a recently discovered broken wrist.
Rather than run the risk of missing most of training camp, Kane will have the wrist operated on on Tuesday. Blackhawks team physician Dr. Michael Terry had this to say about what’s ailing Kane.
“Patrick Kane sustained a left wrist injury which came to light recently during his off-season training. He will undergo surgery on Tuesday to repair a scaphoid fracture. We anticipate a full recovery in 6-8 weeks and in time for training camp. We do not anticipate any long-term issues.”
With training camp set to kick off in mid-September the timing is ideal to get Kane patched up and ready to start working out with the team and prepare for the start of the regular season. The Blackhawks have retooled and added all over the ice and Kane has said he’s a big fan of how tough the team is now compared to last season’s squad that was bounced in the first round of the playoffs.
With all that new physicality in town, they’ll need Kane back in shape to bring some of that finesse scoring with him as well. Kane’s production was down slightly from the previous season and keeping healthy and filling the net with goals. With another big season from Patrick Sharp and a healthy Marian Hossa, Kane and Jonathan Toews should keep busy scoring goals all year.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 5
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 21
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 86
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (87)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)