Jul 15, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
It was just last summer that we were busy following Patrick Kane around Chicago as he was the toast of the town after helping the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup. This summer, things are a little bit tougher for Kane without the Stanley Cup and now dealing with a recently discovered broken wrist.
Rather than run the risk of missing most of training camp, Kane will have the wrist operated on on Tuesday. Blackhawks team physician Dr. Michael Terry had this to say about what’s ailing Kane.
“Patrick Kane sustained a left wrist injury which came to light recently during his off-season training. He will undergo surgery on Tuesday to repair a scaphoid fracture. We anticipate a full recovery in 6-8 weeks and in time for training camp. We do not anticipate any long-term issues.”
With training camp set to kick off in mid-September the timing is ideal to get Kane patched up and ready to start working out with the team and prepare for the start of the regular season. The Blackhawks have retooled and added all over the ice and Kane has said he’s a big fan of how tough the team is now compared to last season’s squad that was bounced in the first round of the playoffs.
With all that new physicality in town, they’ll need Kane back in shape to bring some of that finesse scoring with him as well. Kane’s production was down slightly from the previous season and keeping healthy and filling the net with goals. With another big season from Patrick Sharp and a healthy Marian Hossa, Kane and Jonathan Toews should keep busy scoring goals all year.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 0
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 1
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 26
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)