Jul 13, 2011, 11:02 PM EST
Nashville fans got a taste of the changes that were in store at the NHL draft when draft picks were wearing the new away jersey. Today, at the Predators’ annual “Skate of the Union” offseason event, the team unveiled their brand new home jerseys for the 2011-12 season. Please be warned: you may want to find some sunglasses before you take a look at the pictures. Another word of advice—do not look directly at the jersey if you wish to avoid long term retina damage.
The jersey’s are certainly distinctive as the team goes back to incorporating yellow back into their color scheme (which is noticeably absent in the current 3rd jerseys). Also, the jersey’s look about 100 times better than the old mustard yellow jerseys the team had a few years ago—an awful design that must have cost the team thousands in attendance each year. It may not have been that bad, but it wasn’t like fans were clamoring to get their hands on a mustard yellow XL with Arnott plastered on the back.
Jermey K. Gover from Section303.com had a sneak peak and has already shared his take on the new threads:
“Let me take a second and say that the pictures only do it only a shade of justice. The jersey is stunning. And I’ll be the first to tell you that when I saw the leaked photos a few weeks ago, my immediate reaction (which was out loud, by the way) was “oh no.” My reaction when I saw the jersey this afternoon was the exact opposite. So judge what you will with this photos, but wait until you see it in person. It’ll blow you away.”
The “Skate of the Union” gathering involved much more than just a new jersey. Team chairman Tom Ciggaran told fans that CEO Jeff Cogan started to target the Atlanta market within 48 hours of the Thrashers move. GM David Poile said hotshot prospects Ryan Ellis and Roman Josi were “knocking on the door” at the Development camp and have a shot at making the team out of training camp. All in all, it was a festival type atmosphere to give fans in Nashville their hockey fix in the middle of July.
After taking a look at the new yellow home jerseys, what do you think? Do you think they bring a great and distinctive look to Nashville or do you think the designers completely missed the mark? Let us know…
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 3
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 8
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 52
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 75
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)