Jul 12, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Here are a few stories from around the NHL that are worth mentioning, but might not have enough meat for a full post.
- Puck Daddy published a gallery of the Stanley Cup’s travels through the Boston area, including Steven Tyler and the seemingly eternal rock group Aerosmith getting their time with the silver chalice. The highlight of the piece might be when the Cup was on display at South Shore Hospital, though.
- In faceoff-winning news, the Toronto Maple Leafs re-signed center Mike Zigomanis to a one-year deal. He played eight games for the Maple Leafs and 64 with the AHL’s Toronto Marlies last season, so my guess is that it might be a two-way contract. He’s a marginal player, but he’s exceptional in the faceoff circle: he won more than 52 percent in those eight games with Toronto and 62.9 percent in his other most recent run of NHL-level games (22 with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2008-09).
- Sad news from Monday: trailblazing former Czech hockey player Jaroslav Jirik died in a plane crash that he was piloting. Jirik was the first Czech player to appear in the NHL, playing in three games for the St. Louis Blues during the 1969-70 season. Jirik died at age 71.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld