Jul 10, 2011, 6:04 PM EST
Not a lot has changed in the unrestricted free agent market since Joe took a look at who’s left earlier this week. With the possibility for offer sheets and salary arbitration muddling things a bit in restricted free agency, however, it seems like a good time to give a couple updates.
First, here is a fresh update of the players who are still staring at a possible salary arbitration hearing between July 20-August 4.
July 29: Jannik Hansen (Vancouver)
Aug. 2: Shea Weber (Nashville)
Players such as Ryan Wilson (July 22), Kevin Porter (July 26) and Alec Martinez (July 27) removed their respective days from the arbitration calendar, making for an inconsistently busy schedule on certain days. August 2 and 3 will probably be the most important two day stretch with Weber and Parise’s cases scheduled (though their teams have a nice amount of time to come to a compromise with them on a deal, which Parise stated would be a goal of his).
Now that we covered the players who might be headed for arbitration, here’s a list of some of the remaining players who are restricted free agents but aren’t going in that direction. These are players who could conceivably receive offer sheets from other teams, too.
15 notable RFA forwards (with 2010-11 cap hits)
Some notable players who became unrestricted free agents after they didn’t receive qualifying offer: Patrick O’Sullivan and Robbie Schremp.
7 notable RFA defensemen
4 notable RFA goalies (OK, so Enroth is far and away the most notable, but still … )
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 8
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54