Jul 10, 2011, 6:04 PM EDT
Not a lot has changed in the unrestricted free agent market since Joe took a look at who’s left earlier this week. With the possibility for offer sheets and salary arbitration muddling things a bit in restricted free agency, however, it seems like a good time to give a couple updates.
First, here is a fresh update of the players who are still staring at a possible salary arbitration hearing between July 20-August 4.
July 29: Jannik Hansen (Vancouver)
Aug. 2: Shea Weber (Nashville)
Players such as Ryan Wilson (July 22), Kevin Porter (July 26) and Alec Martinez (July 27) removed their respective days from the arbitration calendar, making for an inconsistently busy schedule on certain days. August 2 and 3 will probably be the most important two day stretch with Weber and Parise’s cases scheduled (though their teams have a nice amount of time to come to a compromise with them on a deal, which Parise stated would be a goal of his).
Now that we covered the players who might be headed for arbitration, here’s a list of some of the remaining players who are restricted free agents but aren’t going in that direction. These are players who could conceivably receive offer sheets from other teams, too.
15 notable RFA forwards (with 2010-11 cap hits)
Some notable players who became unrestricted free agents after they didn’t receive qualifying offer: Patrick O’Sullivan and Robbie Schremp.
7 notable RFA defensemen
4 notable RFA goalies (OK, so Enroth is far and away the most notable, but still … )
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 3
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 2
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)