Jul 10, 2011, 6:04 PM EDT
Not a lot has changed in the unrestricted free agent market since Joe took a look at who’s left earlier this week. With the possibility for offer sheets and salary arbitration muddling things a bit in restricted free agency, however, it seems like a good time to give a couple updates.
First, here is a fresh update of the players who are still staring at a possible salary arbitration hearing between July 20-August 4.
July 29: Jannik Hansen (Vancouver)
Aug. 2: Shea Weber (Nashville)
Players such as Ryan Wilson (July 22), Kevin Porter (July 26) and Alec Martinez (July 27) removed their respective days from the arbitration calendar, making for an inconsistently busy schedule on certain days. August 2 and 3 will probably be the most important two day stretch with Weber and Parise’s cases scheduled (though their teams have a nice amount of time to come to a compromise with them on a deal, which Parise stated would be a goal of his).
Now that we covered the players who might be headed for arbitration, here’s a list of some of the remaining players who are restricted free agents but aren’t going in that direction. These are players who could conceivably receive offer sheets from other teams, too.
15 notable RFA forwards (with 2010-11 cap hits)
Some notable players who became unrestricted free agents after they didn’t receive qualifying offer: Patrick O’Sullivan and Robbie Schremp.
7 notable RFA defensemen
4 notable RFA goalies (OK, so Enroth is far and away the most notable, but still … )
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)