Jul 6, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
Wednesday’s smaller moves are starting to pile up, so we might not be able to get to all of them in this single post. That being said, here is a quick gallery of today’s little tweaks.
- The Minnesota Wild signed Colton Gillies to a two-year deal worth $1.25 million today. The Wild must hope for more in the future from their 2007 first round pick (16th overall), who scored one goal in seven games in 2010-11 and seven points in 45 games in 09-10.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning added another Montreal Canadiens center by signing Tom Pyatt with a one-year, two-way deal. Pyatt scored seven points in the 10-11 season but couldn’t manage to score a point for the Habs in the 2011 playoffs.
- Radek Martinek signed a one-year, $2.2 million deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus post-Dispatch. All of a sudden, the Blue Jackets defense is getting awfully expensive with Martinek joining Marc Methot and James Wisniewski on an increasingly costly blueline. Martinek’s biggest issue is his fragility: he played 64 games in 2010-11 and just 16 in 09-10.
- The Anaheim Ducks signed Jean-Francois Jacques to a one-year deal today. The financial terms were not revealed, but the payoff is probably quite small.
- Jeff Tambellini reportedly signed a three-way deal with Zurich in the Swiss league. Former NHL coach Bob Hartley apparently lured Tambellini to Zurich with the promise of ice time on that team’s top line.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)