Jul 6, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Wednesday’s smaller moves are starting to pile up, so we might not be able to get to all of them in this single post. That being said, here is a quick gallery of today’s little tweaks.
- The Minnesota Wild signed Colton Gillies to a two-year deal worth $1.25 million today. The Wild must hope for more in the future from their 2007 first round pick (16th overall), who scored one goal in seven games in 2010-11 and seven points in 45 games in 09-10.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning added another Montreal Canadiens center by signing Tom Pyatt with a one-year, two-way deal. Pyatt scored seven points in the 10-11 season but couldn’t manage to score a point for the Habs in the 2011 playoffs.
- Radek Martinek signed a one-year, $2.2 million deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus post-Dispatch. All of a sudden, the Blue Jackets defense is getting awfully expensive with Martinek joining Marc Methot and James Wisniewski on an increasingly costly blueline. Martinek’s biggest issue is his fragility: he played 64 games in 2010-11 and just 16 in 09-10.
- The Anaheim Ducks signed Jean-Francois Jacques to a one-year deal today. The financial terms were not revealed, but the payoff is probably quite small.
- Jeff Tambellini reportedly signed a three-way deal with Zurich in the Swiss league. Former NHL coach Bob Hartley apparently lured Tambellini to Zurich with the promise of ice time on that team’s top line.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 0
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 0
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 3
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 24
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 74
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 8
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 22
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronkowski 'probably' needs back surgery, too
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness