Jul 6, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Wednesday’s smaller moves are starting to pile up, so we might not be able to get to all of them in this single post. That being said, here is a quick gallery of today’s little tweaks.
- The Minnesota Wild signed Colton Gillies to a two-year deal worth $1.25 million today. The Wild must hope for more in the future from their 2007 first round pick (16th overall), who scored one goal in seven games in 2010-11 and seven points in 45 games in 09-10.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning added another Montreal Canadiens center by signing Tom Pyatt with a one-year, two-way deal. Pyatt scored seven points in the 10-11 season but couldn’t manage to score a point for the Habs in the 2011 playoffs.
- Radek Martinek signed a one-year, $2.2 million deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus post-Dispatch. All of a sudden, the Blue Jackets defense is getting awfully expensive with Martinek joining Marc Methot and James Wisniewski on an increasingly costly blueline. Martinek’s biggest issue is his fragility: he played 64 games in 2010-11 and just 16 in 09-10.
- The Anaheim Ducks signed Jean-Francois Jacques to a one-year deal today. The financial terms were not revealed, but the payoff is probably quite small.
- Jeff Tambellini reportedly signed a three-way deal with Zurich in the Swiss league. Former NHL coach Bob Hartley apparently lured Tambellini to Zurich with the promise of ice time on that team’s top line.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)