Jul 6, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Wednesday’s smaller moves are starting to pile up, so we might not be able to get to all of them in this single post. That being said, here is a quick gallery of today’s little tweaks.
- The Minnesota Wild signed Colton Gillies to a two-year deal worth $1.25 million today. The Wild must hope for more in the future from their 2007 first round pick (16th overall), who scored one goal in seven games in 2010-11 and seven points in 45 games in 09-10.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning added another Montreal Canadiens center by signing Tom Pyatt with a one-year, two-way deal. Pyatt scored seven points in the 10-11 season but couldn’t manage to score a point for the Habs in the 2011 playoffs.
- Radek Martinek signed a one-year, $2.2 million deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus post-Dispatch. All of a sudden, the Blue Jackets defense is getting awfully expensive with Martinek joining Marc Methot and James Wisniewski on an increasingly costly blueline. Martinek’s biggest issue is his fragility: he played 64 games in 2010-11 and just 16 in 09-10.
- The Anaheim Ducks signed Jean-Francois Jacques to a one-year deal today. The financial terms were not revealed, but the payoff is probably quite small.
- Jeff Tambellini reportedly signed a three-way deal with Zurich in the Swiss league. Former NHL coach Bob Hartley apparently lured Tambellini to Zurich with the promise of ice time on that team’s top line.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54