Jul 6, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Wednesday’s smaller moves are starting to pile up, so we might not be able to get to all of them in this single post. That being said, here is a quick gallery of today’s little tweaks.
- The Minnesota Wild signed Colton Gillies to a two-year deal worth $1.25 million today. The Wild must hope for more in the future from their 2007 first round pick (16th overall), who scored one goal in seven games in 2010-11 and seven points in 45 games in 09-10.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning added another Montreal Canadiens center by signing Tom Pyatt with a one-year, two-way deal. Pyatt scored seven points in the 10-11 season but couldn’t manage to score a point for the Habs in the 2011 playoffs.
- Radek Martinek signed a one-year, $2.2 million deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus post-Dispatch. All of a sudden, the Blue Jackets defense is getting awfully expensive with Martinek joining Marc Methot and James Wisniewski on an increasingly costly blueline. Martinek’s biggest issue is his fragility: he played 64 games in 2010-11 and just 16 in 09-10.
- The Anaheim Ducks signed Jean-Francois Jacques to a one-year deal today. The financial terms were not revealed, but the payoff is probably quite small.
- Jeff Tambellini reportedly signed a three-way deal with Zurich in the Swiss league. Former NHL coach Bob Hartley apparently lured Tambellini to Zurich with the promise of ice time on that team’s top line.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)