Jun 29, 2011, 3:47 PM EST
The quest to bring Jaromir Jagr back to the NHL is nearly at an end. After the Penguins made their offer to the former Pittsburgh legend, the other two teams pursuing Jagr have also put their offers in as well.
With Detroit and Montreal also hot after the 39 year-old future Hall of Famer, Jagr has a host of stellar options to choose from and according to his agent a decision is coming today.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review finds out from Jagr’s agent Petr Svoboda that he’ll make a decision sometime today as to where he’ll want to lace them up next year.
″He is flying to New York (from the Czech Republic) right now,″ agent Petr Svoboda said. ″He is coming this afternoon and will tell us his answer then.″
A decision from Jagr is likely coming down at any time now but he won’t be allowed to sign his deal with who he’s choosing until Friday afternoon when the free agency signing period begins. Either way, one of three teams will be welcoming a legend into town to try and win them a Stanley Cup.
If it’s Pittsburgh, he’ll join Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in trying to bring the Cup back there after two years. Should he go to Detroit, he’ll team up with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg to try and light the world on fire in scoring. If he opts for Montreal, he’ll join countryman Tomas Plekanec who he’s played outstanding with during the Olympics and World Championships and help make Plekanec a more consistent player for the Canadiens.
Either way, Jagr Mania is in full effect everywhere and why not? He can still produce at a high rate and help compliment the best players on the team as well as be hugely productive on the power play.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54