Jun 28, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
To some, the Boston Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup run turned Zdeno Chara‘s hit on Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty into a mere footnote to a memorable season for the B’s. It sounds like Montreal police haven’t forgotten, though.
Montreal-area cops have been investigating the hit for some time but have experienced “logistical issues” in asking Chara – the final person they must speak to – before deciding if they will press charges. As silly as the situation might seem to some, there’s no denying that Pacioretty suffered some serious injuries including a broken vertebra and concussion issues (unless you’re Mark Recchi).
Montreal cops have announced they intend to question Chara in the coming weeks — but they won’t say when or where they’ll do it.
A probe into Chara’s hit last March that sidelined Montreal forward Max Pacioretty and sparked demands for a crackdown on hockey violence is nearing completion.
Police say there have been logistical issues in meeting with Chara because of the Bruins’ lengthy playoff run.
But police spokesman Ian Lafreniere says the Boston Bruins have been extremely co-operative, having hired a Montreal lawyer to act as an intermediary.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)