Jun 28, 2011, 1:08 PM EST
To some, the Boston Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup run turned Zdeno Chara‘s hit on Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty into a mere footnote to a memorable season for the B’s. It sounds like Montreal police haven’t forgotten, though.
Montreal-area cops have been investigating the hit for some time but have experienced “logistical issues” in asking Chara – the final person they must speak to – before deciding if they will press charges. As silly as the situation might seem to some, there’s no denying that Pacioretty suffered some serious injuries including a broken vertebra and concussion issues (unless you’re Mark Recchi).
Montreal cops have announced they intend to question Chara in the coming weeks — but they won’t say when or where they’ll do it.
A probe into Chara’s hit last March that sidelined Montreal forward Max Pacioretty and sparked demands for a crackdown on hockey violence is nearing completion.
Police say there have been logistical issues in meeting with Chara because of the Bruins’ lengthy playoff run.
But police spokesman Ian Lafreniere says the Boston Bruins have been extremely co-operative, having hired a Montreal lawyer to act as an intermediary.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)