Jun 28, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
To some, the Boston Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup run turned Zdeno Chara‘s hit on Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty into a mere footnote to a memorable season for the B’s. It sounds like Montreal police haven’t forgotten, though.
Montreal-area cops have been investigating the hit for some time but have experienced “logistical issues” in asking Chara – the final person they must speak to – before deciding if they will press charges. As silly as the situation might seem to some, there’s no denying that Pacioretty suffered some serious injuries including a broken vertebra and concussion issues (unless you’re Mark Recchi).
Montreal cops have announced they intend to question Chara in the coming weeks — but they won’t say when or where they’ll do it.
A probe into Chara’s hit last March that sidelined Montreal forward Max Pacioretty and sparked demands for a crackdown on hockey violence is nearing completion.
Police say there have been logistical issues in meeting with Chara because of the Bruins’ lengthy playoff run.
But police spokesman Ian Lafreniere says the Boston Bruins have been extremely co-operative, having hired a Montreal lawyer to act as an intermediary.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)