Jun 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
We’ve all been there before. You’re out with your friends celebrating a new job, an engagement, or a birthday and everyone’s ordering up and putting it on the tab.
There’s beers to be had, shots to be taken, dinner to be eaten, and maybe even some dessert to be splurged on. Everyone piles on and soon enough the tab is looming larger and larger. Now imagine that sort of situation and apply it to when you’re celebrating the Stanley Cup.
Sounds like it’d be a bit more damaging, wouldn’t it? You better believe it. The Boston Bruins took this to heart and did their part when celebrating their win of the Cup over Vancouver by taking it to Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut. With Las Vegas not really being a local place to hit, Foxwoods was the next best place to go and the Bruins made like it was the Strip by rocking a legendary bar tab at the casino.
Just how bad was it? CSN New England reports it hit $156,679.74 on the night. That’s a lot of bubbly being thrown around but there was one big reason why the tab was so big.
It was skewed a bit by the $100,000 bottle of champagne but, hey, how often do you win the Stanley Cup?
You got that right. In the case of the Bruins it was their first Stanley Cup since 1972 so why not splurge? As for how they managed to take care of things at the end of the night, they not only paid the bill but left a $25,000 tip. All of a sudden being a bartender isn’t such a bad life. If you’re wondering if the Bruins skimped on the tip, that works out to be a 15.9% tip. Depending on your levels of etiquette, we’re figuring it doesn’t really matter since HOLY CRAP IT’S $25,000.
Expect more fun and games stories like this from the Bruins all summer long.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)