Jun 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
We’ve all been there before. You’re out with your friends celebrating a new job, an engagement, or a birthday and everyone’s ordering up and putting it on the tab.
There’s beers to be had, shots to be taken, dinner to be eaten, and maybe even some dessert to be splurged on. Everyone piles on and soon enough the tab is looming larger and larger. Now imagine that sort of situation and apply it to when you’re celebrating the Stanley Cup.
Sounds like it’d be a bit more damaging, wouldn’t it? You better believe it. The Boston Bruins took this to heart and did their part when celebrating their win of the Cup over Vancouver by taking it to Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut. With Las Vegas not really being a local place to hit, Foxwoods was the next best place to go and the Bruins made like it was the Strip by rocking a legendary bar tab at the casino.
Just how bad was it? CSN New England reports it hit $156,679.74 on the night. That’s a lot of bubbly being thrown around but there was one big reason why the tab was so big.
It was skewed a bit by the $100,000 bottle of champagne but, hey, how often do you win the Stanley Cup?
You got that right. In the case of the Bruins it was their first Stanley Cup since 1972 so why not splurge? As for how they managed to take care of things at the end of the night, they not only paid the bill but left a $25,000 tip. All of a sudden being a bartender isn’t such a bad life. If you’re wondering if the Bruins skimped on the tip, that works out to be a 15.9% tip. Depending on your levels of etiquette, we’re figuring it doesn’t really matter since HOLY CRAP IT’S $25,000.
Expect more fun and games stories like this from the Bruins all summer long.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 6
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 73
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)