Jun 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
We’ve all been there before. You’re out with your friends celebrating a new job, an engagement, or a birthday and everyone’s ordering up and putting it on the tab.
There’s beers to be had, shots to be taken, dinner to be eaten, and maybe even some dessert to be splurged on. Everyone piles on and soon enough the tab is looming larger and larger. Now imagine that sort of situation and apply it to when you’re celebrating the Stanley Cup.
Sounds like it’d be a bit more damaging, wouldn’t it? You better believe it. The Boston Bruins took this to heart and did their part when celebrating their win of the Cup over Vancouver by taking it to Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut. With Las Vegas not really being a local place to hit, Foxwoods was the next best place to go and the Bruins made like it was the Strip by rocking a legendary bar tab at the casino.
Just how bad was it? CSN New England reports it hit $156,679.74 on the night. That’s a lot of bubbly being thrown around but there was one big reason why the tab was so big.
It was skewed a bit by the $100,000 bottle of champagne but, hey, how often do you win the Stanley Cup?
You got that right. In the case of the Bruins it was their first Stanley Cup since 1972 so why not splurge? As for how they managed to take care of things at the end of the night, they not only paid the bill but left a $25,000 tip. All of a sudden being a bartender isn’t such a bad life. If you’re wondering if the Bruins skimped on the tip, that works out to be a 15.9% tip. Depending on your levels of etiquette, we’re figuring it doesn’t really matter since HOLY CRAP IT’S $25,000.
Expect more fun and games stories like this from the Bruins all summer long.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 0
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)