Jun 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
We’ve all been there before. You’re out with your friends celebrating a new job, an engagement, or a birthday and everyone’s ordering up and putting it on the tab.
There’s beers to be had, shots to be taken, dinner to be eaten, and maybe even some dessert to be splurged on. Everyone piles on and soon enough the tab is looming larger and larger. Now imagine that sort of situation and apply it to when you’re celebrating the Stanley Cup.
Sounds like it’d be a bit more damaging, wouldn’t it? You better believe it. The Boston Bruins took this to heart and did their part when celebrating their win of the Cup over Vancouver by taking it to Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut. With Las Vegas not really being a local place to hit, Foxwoods was the next best place to go and the Bruins made like it was the Strip by rocking a legendary bar tab at the casino.
Just how bad was it? CSN New England reports it hit $156,679.74 on the night. That’s a lot of bubbly being thrown around but there was one big reason why the tab was so big.
It was skewed a bit by the $100,000 bottle of champagne but, hey, how often do you win the Stanley Cup?
You got that right. In the case of the Bruins it was their first Stanley Cup since 1972 so why not splurge? As for how they managed to take care of things at the end of the night, they not only paid the bill but left a $25,000 tip. All of a sudden being a bartender isn’t such a bad life. If you’re wondering if the Bruins skimped on the tip, that works out to be a 15.9% tip. Depending on your levels of etiquette, we’re figuring it doesn’t really matter since HOLY CRAP IT’S $25,000.
Expect more fun and games stories like this from the Bruins all summer long.
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 3
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 21
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 12
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 73
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (87)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)